Customer Information on Email tickets

Moderator: crythias

FairFight
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.10

Customer Information on Email tickets

Post by FairFight »

Hello,
I want to be able to put customer information on email tickets.
My customers do not have a login at OTRS, I just use the email-system.
Aint it possible to add customer information to the emails?
Sorry if this is a FAQ, but it would be really smart if it is possible.
Lorenzo_Marschall
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 2.4 / 3.x
Company: bmsoft information technologies GmbH

Re: Customer Information on Email tickets

Post by Lorenzo_Marschall »

FairFight wrote: I want to be able to put customer information on email tickets.
What do you mean with "customer information"? details about the customer himself? Use the customer backend, you go connect to Active Directory using LDAP, connect an external database etc.

You can use X-OTRS-Header/X-Header fields and put information to a ticket using the Postmaster filter...
OTRS + ITSM + PostgreSQL @ Debian
FairFight
Znuny newbie

Post by FairFight »

Lorenzo_Marschall wrote:
FairFight wrote: I want to be able to put customer information on email tickets.
What do you mean with "customer information"? details about the customer himself? Use the customer backend, you go connect to Active Directory using LDAP, connect an external database etc.

You can use X-OTRS-Header/X-Header fields and put information to a ticket using the Postmaster filter...
Yes I mean details about the customer himself. I can see when I have opened a ticket there is a Box for Customer Information, but I do not know how I can fill this Box with information, when the customer does not have a login to OTRS.
I want to be able to attach information to the customer (their email) and not the ticket itself.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

That information is available when you add it in the "Customers" section of the admin interface.
If they don't have a login, create one for the email address.
No, I don't know a way to guess on new tickets from people who aren't your customer the additional information you'd want to include.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
FairFight
Znuny newbie

Post by FairFight »

It would be pretty smart if there was an opportunity to add information to the email address people write from.
I have my own database of the customers, would be nice if I didnt have to check the database everytime, but only the first time and then add it as customer information, so I would be able to read the information I found, the next time the user makes a new ticket.
crythias

Post by crythias »

do you have an odbc link to the data?
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
FairFight
Znuny newbie

Post by FairFight »

I do not know much about odbc but I use a MySQL database for my data. I guess that it supports obdc?
crythias

Post by crythias »

The idea is to use the multiple backends feature of otrs to grab demographics from your other database.
FairFight
Znuny newbie

Post by FairFight »

I have tried to research about the multiple backends feature, but I really cant find anything about it.
Where do I find the feature and how do I use it?
crythias

Post by crythias »