Moderator: crythias

mcollis
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.10
Company: Monmouthshire Building Society

Dashboard item

Post by mcollis »

Hi All,
My tireless google searching has failed me so I thought I'd ask here instead.

Is there a way to add a dropdown menu (or button) so show just the tickets for a perticualr person or for the agent logged in?
Having got OTRS configured to almost perfection this one last option would complete everything just nicely and then all that will be needed is to fine tune the queues and specify routing groups for tickets etc.

I would guess that this has been visited before by someone as I would imagine that without something like this OTRS would be rather unuseable in large IT admin locations.
besides queue membership, I dont really want to go setting a queue per user, especially as there would need to be an additional SQL job to run every hour to move tickets into the correct queues to keep things tidy etc...
Running: OTRS 3.0.10 (Live) OTRS 3.2.3 (Test)
DB: MySQL
HTTP: Apache
nathankc
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.9

Re: Dashboard item

Post by nathankc »

In my limited understanding, you would have to first assign the ticket to an agent when it arrives for your idea to work because tickets aren't assigned to agents by default, they just arrive in the queue(s). Now, regarding that (this also addresses your last statement) - that wouldn't need to be a SQL job per se - it could be a GenericAgent job (or maybe that is what you meant?) - you could also setup a Postmaster Filter to take care of it as soon as the emails come into the system.

Now - to re-address your main question - isn't that what the system does already if you click the QueueView button? Again though, this just shows all the items in the queues that an agent has access to. Here is the direct link: /index.pl?Action=AgentTicketQueue;QueueID=0;Filter=All

If you go the PostMasterFilter route and assign tickets to agents, you can use this link: index.pl?Action=AgentTicketLockedView
That link is already on the agent interface in the form of the little blue (or orange) person in the top left corner.

Hope that is somewhat helpful and I'm fully expecting for someone more skilled to pop and say I'm totally wrong and provide the correct answer :)
OTRS 3.0.9
Windows 2008
MSSQL 2008
IIS 7
MichaelR
Znuny expert
Company: LRS Health

Post by MichaelR »

You can view all responsible tickets with the little icon in the top left hand corner of the OTRS screen.
OTRS: 3.0.9 & ITSM 3.0.4 - OS: Windows 7 - DB: MySQL - Heaps of random/useful hacks :)
[Major Code Changes]
ArticleFreeTime1-3
Ability to search ArticleFreeText
mcollis
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.10
Company: Monmouthshire Building Society

Post by mcollis »

I agree that the locked tickets view does indeed show all tickets that you have locked, it does not show all tickets assigned to you persay.
We have currently 4 groups setup and I want to be able to add a filter to only show the tickets for a perticular agent instead of tickets for everyone that is a member of a perticular queue.
Running: OTRS 3.0.10 (Live) OTRS 3.2.3 (Test)
DB: MySQL
HTTP: Apache
MichaelR
Znuny expert
Company: LRS Health

Post by MichaelR »

If you have the Responsible feature active and an agent has been assigned to a Ticket. They will get a separate icon in the top left hand corner of the screen showing all their Responsible tickets. There is no current icon for all Tickets they 'Own'. You could do a search template for the time being or code your own icon up there ;)
OTRS: 3.0.9 & ITSM 3.0.4 - OS: Windows 7 - DB: MySQL - Heaps of random/useful hacks :)
[Major Code Changes]
ArticleFreeTime1-3
Ability to search ArticleFreeText
ulhamm
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3

Post by ulhamm »

Hi!
And is there a "howto" on how to create your own link with "owned" tickets?

Kind regards
Ulrica
SLESSARD
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 4.x.x.x.x
Company: Self-Employed

Post by SLESSARD »

In our case we have disabled Reponsible and Locking and people still wanted to get a list of their very own tickets.

What we did is to enable template search in NavBar
Frontend::NavBarModule###1-Ticket::TicketSearchProfile:

And each agent can create a search template for their own ticket and simply pull the template directly from the Navbar

That is for 2.4.9 though, not sure if same / similar config exist for 3.0
OTRS 4.0.11
Ubuntu 15.04
MySQL Database, PHP5, Apache (LAMP server bundle)
alexus
Znuny wizard
Znuny Version: OTRS 6 CE
Company: Radiant System Group s.r.o

Post by alexus »

You can use also Config Settings in Ticket -> Frontend::Agent::ToolBarModule settings.
Alexey Yusov

Production: OTRS CE ITSM 6.0.28 on CentOS 7 + Apache 2.4 + MariaDB 10.4.13 + Radiant Customer Portal

Radiant System OTRS Intergrator
RS4OTRS marketplace
Stay tuned on our Facebook
((OTRS)) Community Edition - what next?