Moderator: crythias

Eclat2k
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.08
Company: 2KSystems

Dude with System Email Address

Post by Eclat2k »

This must be very simple but...

When I send a email to myemailforproblems@mydomain.com, a new ticket is created automatically. Well... but I receive a email that says A new ticket is created. From: OTRS System (otrs@localhost).

I see that this configuration is in Administrar / System Adress. It's logical but there is a Hint that I don't understand:

Hint: All incoming email with this address in To or Cc will be dispatched to the selected queue.

My idea was set here myemailforproblems@mydomain.com but if the hint is true, I think that I have to set this email adress to noreply@midomain.com or similar. Is this correct?

If not, when a customer send a email to myemailforproblems@mydomain.com, this ticket will go to Postmaster Queue...
System:
OTRS 3.0.10/ ITSM 3.0.4
OS: Debian 6.02 in a VirtualMachine in Windows Server 2008 with VirtualBox, MySql 5.0.x
MichaelR
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.9
Company: LRS Health

Re: Dude with System Email Address

Post by MichaelR »

What are you trying to do? Set the default Queue for incoming email Tickets?
OTRS: 3.0.9 & ITSM 3.0.4 - OS: Windows 7 - DB: MySQL - Heaps of random/useful hacks :)
[Major Code Changes]
ArticleFreeTime1-3
Ability to search ArticleFreeText
Eclat2k
Znuny newbie

Post by Eclat2k »

No, I wanted setup systems email address because when OTRS send a notification to customer, shows OTRS System (otrs@localhost), and I wanted show MyCompany(myemailforproblems@mydomain.com), but I am confused with the hint.

I only have 1 email for issues notifications, and I had set Postmaster Filter to sort tickets in differents queues according to customer, but suddenly I read that if i set a system email address, all emails received in this email account goes to the queue that I set in the email and I don't want this.

I only want set 1 email for all issues.

I finally decided to change otrs@localhost to myemailforproblems@mydomain.com, and OTRS Systems to MyCompany, and I think that it's working ok.

Did I do wrong?

Thanks for the help.
System:
OTRS 3.0.10/ ITSM 3.0.4
OS: Debian 6.02 in a VirtualMachine in Windows Server 2008 with VirtualBox, MySql 5.0.x
MichaelR
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.9
Company: LRS Health

Post by MichaelR »

You seem to be going fine, I'm just having trouble understanding you :lol:

Change the system address to what ever you want & update each queue to the same system address. Is this what you are wanting?
OTRS: 3.0.9 & ITSM 3.0.4 - OS: Windows 7 - DB: MySQL - Heaps of random/useful hacks :)
[Major Code Changes]
ArticleFreeTime1-3
Ability to search ArticleFreeText
Eclat2k
Znuny newbie

Re: Dude with System Email Address (SOLVED)

Post by Eclat2k »

Yes. I change default OTRS System Address and automatically all queues are set up to new default OTRS Systems Address (myemailforproblems@mydomain.com).

Thank you very much.
System:
OTRS 3.0.10/ ITSM 3.0.4