Sort customer tickets in queue by email

Moderator: crythias

Eclat2k
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.08
Company: 2KSystems

Sort customer tickets in queue by email

Post by Eclat2k »

Hi guys, I have a customer with a lot of differents emails (gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc...). If all email were *@mycustomer.com would be easy but...

I would like to know how can I sort this emails in a certain queue (this customer has 150 emails, more or less). In Postmaster Filter, in Filter condition I can write in Header 1: From -> email1@mycustomer.com and in Set Email Header: OTRS-Queue -> MyCustomerQueue...

The question is: is it possible define a email list from the customer to define only 1 Postmaster Filter or Do i need set 150 Postmaster filters to make this?

Thank you very much for the help...
System:
OTRS 3.0.10/ ITSM 3.0.4
OS: Debian 6.02 in a VirtualMachine in Windows Server 2008 with VirtualBox, MySql 5.0.x
Wolfgangf
Znuny ninja
Znuny Version: 6.0.13
Company: PBS Logitek GmbH

Re: Sort customer tickets in queue by email

Post by Wolfgangf »

As we are dealing with regex here, this should be possible, but I do assume it will be difficould to handle afterward
Produktiv:
OTRS 6.0.13/ ITSM 6.0.13
Windows 2012 AD Integration (agents and customers), Nagios integration (incidents, CMDB), Survey, TimeAccounting
Eclat2k
Znuny newbie

Post by Eclat2k »

Sorry Wolfgangf, but I don't understand your answer. Excuse my poor English...
System:
OTRS 3.0.10/ ITSM 3.0.4
OS: Debian 6.02 in a VirtualMachine in Windows Server 2008 with VirtualBox, MySql 5.0.x
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

Filter:
Criteria:
Set:
X-OTRS-Queue: This guy's queue
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
Eclat2k
Znuny newbie

Post by Eclat2k »

Ok crythias, I thougth that i can define this email list in any place in the OTRS, or that maybe i can use Client-ID in Filter to sort the emails.

Thank you very much.
System:
OTRS 3.0.10/ ITSM 3.0.4
Eclat2k
Znuny newbie

Post by Eclat2k »

Now I tried configure all email in Header 1 but... only can write 100 characters...

If I use 4 headers, only has 400 characters (22 emails, more or less...), and It's not enought.

Do you have any idea to make this smartly?

I would'n like to write 1 filter for each email for each customer (I have a lot of customers, with a lot of emails each).

Thank you for your help
System:
OTRS 3.0.10/ ITSM 3.0.4
crythias

Post by crythias »

a .. what? A single person has 150 email addresses? and all of them are unique domains and randomly different usernames?
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Eclat2k
Znuny newbie

Post by Eclat2k »

No, no, crythias. I explain you...

My customer is a school. In this scholl all teachers can open tickets send an email to my email for problems. When OTRS receive an email of a teacher in this school, I want that the tickets goes to queue MySchoolQueue. Each teacher have different emails in different domains (150 teachers more or less).

How can I make a filter to sort this teacher's email in their queue?

Thank you very much!!!!
System:
OTRS 3.0.10/ ITSM 3.0.4
crythias

Post by crythias »

First, I don't recommend per-customer queues. It's impractical to manage and usually unnecessary. Generally speaking, Queues should be categories of tickets (Printing, computer down, power, maintenance, plumbing). Each queue is assigned to a group, and agents that are able to handle a given ticket category should be members of the appropriate queue.

Once the teacher has been established as a customer, she can be assigned a CustomerID in her user that pertains to the school. (CustomerIDs don't have to be unique.)
http://forums.otrs.org/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=7531

But yeah, if you want, you can create 150 PostMasterFilters, too.
Eclat2k
Znuny newbie

Post by Eclat2k »

I understand you crythias, thank you for the answer.

My problem is that I have a IT Technician assigned to school and this technician solves all problems in this school (hardware, software, etc...). That's the reason why I wanted sort this emails, and I thought that i could make a group of emails or make a filter for CustomedID, for example...

I think that so tell me, the only way is create 150 postmaster filters... :shock:
System:
OTRS 3.0.10/ ITSM 3.0.4
crythias

Post by crythias »

But I'm saying create the users and customer groups and you don't even have to worry about this.