how to LOCK ticket via email reply

Moderator: crythias

brunski
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.5

how to LOCK ticket via email reply

Post by brunski »

Hi,
I'm trying to find out how to lock a ticket once a tech replies via email to a ticket with a [lock] string in the body.

I was trying to do this via postmaster filter with:

Match
Header1: Body Value:lock
Set
Header1: X-OTRS-LOCK Value: lock

this is not working. Any ideas?
OTRS 2.4.7 on Windows Server 2008 - MySql connected to AD via LDAP for customers and agents
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: how to LOCK ticket via email reply

Post by crythias »

I would like to know this, as well, *BUT* here's the thing: I *THINK* you'd also need to make an owner update at the same time/first (maybe even solely?), and the issue I see is that either the response by an agent is internal and therefore ok, or it's external, and the "owner/lock" keyword is now visible to the customer.

The other problem with that is that if response by an agent is internal by default (ok, that's another *set* if Lock keyword is used), there won't be a good way to have Agents respond to tickets via email.

I think I might have said this confusingly.

New ticket notification email Agent
Agent replies via email to OTRS email address.
Postmaster Filter now needs to determine if it's going to assign an owner or just attach the response as an email note. In my case, it attaches as an email note. Of course, I'm also using the same database for customers and users, because I'm using OTRS internally. If it assigns an Owner, it should also lock it. But that should also be an internal note, not external.

BTW, do your logs indicate specific results?
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
brunski
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.5

Re: how to LOCK ticket via email reply

Post by brunski »

We want to change ownership as well, but locking was first step in a one step at a time attempt. Our agent email replies are strictly internal right now. A way to make them external is also on the task list.

Our system log does not work (another item on our list to fix) so I cannot report on that as you have asked. We are running on a Windows server.

Thanks!
OTRS 2.4.7 on Windows Server 2008 - MySql connected to AD via LDAP for customers and agents