Recording Calls on OTRS 2.4.7

Moderator: crythias

Sims
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Recording Calls on OTRS 2.4.7

Post by Sims »

Hi guys,
I would like to know if it is possible to record calls, outgoing and incoming calls, with OTRS. If there's a certain telephony system to be used and which system is that.
Please let me know, I'm desperate for this info

Kindest.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Recording Calls on OTRS 2.4.7

Post by crythias »

No. But you can use any other recording system to send emails with attachments to OTRS.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
Sims
Znuny newbie

Post by Sims »

Thank you so much for that info Crythias, much appreciated. But what system can you use and would you mind explaining how you would go about setting it up.
Can Asterisk do this function

KIndest.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

Apparently, asterisk can do this, as well as Ring Central.

Implementation of a phone system is beyond the scope of what OTRS is offering, but suffice it to say that any system that allows you to email anything, including recordings (even voice mail like Google Voice or Asterisk voice mail) can be used to create tickets from the recording or add the recording to a current ticket, either within OTRS as attachment to a note, or send to an existing ticket manually with a hand crafted [Ticket#xxxxxxxx] in the subject.

While I am not a lawyer, please be aware of state laws regarding recording without consent, which vary from state to state.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
jme
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4

Post by jme »

Hi,

A avaya pabx can do call recording and send it by e-mail as a attached wav file.

Karl
Sims
Znuny newbie

Post by Sims »

You guys are kings..Thanks for the info. I'll implement all the advise and give you guys feed back

Kindest.