encoding problem

Moderator: crythias

hlep
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

encoding problem

Post by hlep »

I got OTRS running with iso-8859-1 as the default charset, this works well except for one situation.
It's when it recieves emails from a roundcube webmail client, the mail is being sent encoded in utf-8 and it won't display special characters like åäö.

I tried setting the default charset to utf-8 instead, and it also works good, except for the "<OTRS_CUSTOMER_SUBJECT>" in the auto reply, special characters fetched from that variable isn't displayed correctly.

Any ideas?
peter_sk
Znuny newbie

Re: encoding problem

Post by peter_sk »

I also fooled around with these character sets, but found out, that utf-8 works OK in all situations.

Are you sure this is not a client issue?
OTRS 2.4.7 with ITSM 2.0.3. running on Linux Fedora 12
hlep
Znuny newbie

Post by hlep »

If I send utf-8 encoded messages from for example thunderbird, otrs shows them fine.
And yes utf-8 seems to work fine for otrs except just that one instance, if there is special characters in the subject, then they wont show up as they should in the autoreply, and it's only the "<OTRS_CUSTOMER_SUBJECT>" that can't show it correct, the rest of the message shows the characters correct.
hlep
Znuny newbie

Post by hlep »

I solved it by rewrite the autoreply. So 'im guessing some file were still iso-8859-1 encoded from before.