Queues & mail account

Moderator: crythias

andie
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Queues & mail account

Post by andie »

Initially there are 4 queues: Junk, Misc, Postmaster, Raw. I disabled these queues and created some ones for me.

But.

1. There is menu called "PostMaster Mail Account". Why this menu called "Postamaster" inspite of there is an option for selecting queue (I mean that not only Postmaster queue can exist in it)?
2. Is there any relationship between name of menu and name of queue postmaster?
3. Why inspite of disabled queue there are queues Misc and Tech there?
4. Why there is a queue named "Tech" despite of that I don't have queue with such name?
5. Why others queues are not in list?

Ufff....
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Queues & mail account

Post by crythias »

1. There is menu called "PostMaster Mail Account". Why this menu called "Postamaster" inspite of there is an option for selecting queue (I mean that not only Postmaster queue can exist in it)?
PostMaster Mail Account is not a Queue. It's the way to configure how emails are retrieved.
Edit: sorry, original install does have a Postmaster Queue.
2. Is there any relationship between name of menu and name of queue postmaster?
Edit: Not really.
3. Why inspite of disabled queue there are queues Misc and Tech there?
If the queue is marked invalid, it shouldn't show up.
4. Why there is a queue named "Tech" despite of that I don't have queue with such name?
It will only show Queues marked valid.
5. Why others queues are not in list?
See answer 4.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
andie
Znuny newbie

Post by andie »

Dear Crythias!

Thank you very much for your reply. Now I understand that that Postmaster Queue and Postamaster Mail Account are to be considered in different ways.

Nevertheless, you said "If the queue is marked invalid, it shouldn't show up". But my queues are marked invalid, and they exist in listbox. Please, see the screenshots attached. I began edit the Misc queue, so you see that it is really disabled (queue1.png). I can't show queue list completely, but there's no Tech queue in list indeed. In the second screenshot (queue2.png) you can see that disabled Misc queue is in list, and that non-existent queue Tech is in list.

Why others queues are not in list (in the picture queue3.png you can see that queue I edit is valid) I don´t know and suppose that I should give come rights to user, so I intend to find the place where I can do it.

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

This seems weird to me. Your point is valid for what you see but should not be happening. What version are you using?
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
andie
Znuny newbie

Post by andie »

Installed otrs-2.4.7-01 in rpm on Fedora 12. Modules: FAQ 1.6.5, Support 1.1.2.
diginin
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: CVS

Post by diginin »

Hi,
andie wrote:Dear Crythias!

Thank you very much for your reply. Now I understand that that Postmaster Queue and Postamaster Mail Account are to be considered in different ways.

Nevertheless, you said "If the queue is marked invalid, it shouldn't show up". But my queues are marked invalid, and they exist in listbox. Please, see the screenshots attached. I began edit the Misc queue, so you see that it is really disabled (queue1.png). I can't show queue list completely, but there's no Tech queue in list indeed. In the second screenshot (queue2.png) you can see that disabled Misc queue is in list, and that non-existent queue Tech is in list.
In this case, invalid queues, users, etc will never show up in the Agnet front-end, but naturally in the Admin front-end. Otherwise, you would not be able to reactivate it if needed in the future. Invalid is not removed.
Why others queues are not in list (in the picture queue3.png you can see that queue I edit is valid) I don´t know and suppose that I should give come rights to user, so I intend to find the place where I can do it.

Thank you.
Where you are looking is a little confusing. The very bottom of your picture shows a dropdown menu that is a part of a sort of mini-documentation. That is why you will not see queues there. Please enter you login information in the section directly above this list and click add. You will then see all acvite queues at this point.

///Shawn
Shawn Beasley
Contact me per XING
Contact me per LinkedIN

OTRS CVS on Ubuntu Stable.

signature by diginin74, on Flickr

Computers are like air conditioners, when you open windows they are useless.

P.S. (für Leser meiner Deutschtexte) Rechtschreibfehler bitte mit s/.*/$KORREKTUR/ ersetzen.
andie
Znuny newbie

Post by andie »

Hello diginin and thank you for explanation.

I don't understand only one thing: why I cannot re-enable invalid items? What aftermath have it? Maybe it would better not to allow validating invalid items? Or at least give a warning to user with explanations.