Having "separate" customer DB

Moderator: crythias

adrijang
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 4.0.3

Having "separate" customer DB

Post by adrijang »

Hi there,

I'm having problems finding a way to have some agents to have access only to the CustomerUsers from a certain group and having all the CustomerUsers they create to be automatically on that group.
¿Is that possible?
It'll be like having two separate OTRS running.

Thanks in advance
meronbar
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Re: Having "separate" customer DB

Post by meronbar »

May your explain more detail what actually your wont in rezult?
AFAIK you can use external database of customers and manage them as your wish with your own tools. But i am not clear understand what do your mean in "agents to have access only to the CustomerUsers from a certain group".
adrijang
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 4.0.3

Post by adrijang »

Ok.

I have OTRS with agents, customers and queues.

Now I need to add 1 more agent and have it accessing only 1 queue.
This agent wont know anything about other queues and the other agents wont know anything about his queue.

I can make that happen using groups.

I dont know how to have that privacy with customer data.

Anyway, since I have everything virtualized, I may clone the machine and wipe the OTRS DB to start from sratch
meronbar
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Post by meronbar »

So, your want restrict customers create tickets to only some way selected part of queries? Right?
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

I have agents who are only involved with their own queues, which are oblivious to the queues of others... I'm an admin and only really want to follow a certain few queues, and give permissions to the Agents for the queues that they exclusively have. As an administrator, I can search, etc. But if I don't give search permissions to the Agents, they pretty much only get to deal with active tickets in the queues that they have permissions for. (Admittedly, I don't have enough Agents where groups make any difference.)

As for "Customers" per Queue or per Agent, that might be handled via CustomerGroupSupport
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask