Choose specific customer users to create tickets in a specific queue. Possible?

Moderator: crythias

lochesistemas
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 621
Company: Loche Sistemas

Choose specific customer users to create tickets in a specific queue. Possible?

Post by lochesistemas »

Hi!

I'm wondering if it's possible to let some specific customer users (aka area responsibles) to create tickets in a specific queue. I mean, not everyone should create tickets in that particular queue but some. I tried grouping and also creating a role and I really fell "dizzy" not understanding how to relate that particular group or role to be able to create tickets in that particular queue.

Thanks in advance!
Daniel
zzz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: All
Company: Efflux GmbH

Re: Choose specific customer users to create tickets in a specific queue. Possible?

Post by zzz »

Hello Daniel,

An example:
Create a group called 'Queue1' for your equally called queue and save in the queue setting.
Go into Agent <-> Group and select the user that should be able to do anything with this queue except for creating a ticket.
Select everything except for RW and Create.

Et voilà, you're done.
Remove the Agent <-> Group connection, create a role and this time do the same thing with the role instead of the agent.
Finally, connect the agent to the role.

Best regards
Emin
Professional OTRS, Znuny & OTOBO services: efflux.de | efflux.de/en/

Free and premium add-ons: German | English
lochesistemas
Znuny newbie

Re: Choose specific customer users to create tickets in a specific queue. Possible?

Post by lochesistemas »

Thanks for the quick reply but didn't work...

I'll try to explain it a little bit different..

I already have a queue called "purchases" where some administrative agents already have full access to that specific queue to process the tickets.
Now, let's say I have 100 customer users all related to the same customerid. But I don't want all of them to create tickets in that purchases queue. Only supervisors. Therefore, I already created a supervisors group and selected all the supervisors. Now, I need to give them create permission for that specific purchases queue but as customers and not as agents. Is that possible?
skullz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: LTS and Features

Post by skullz »

Perhaps, you are looking at Customer User - Group relation.

https://doc.otrs.com/doc/manual/admin/s ... roups.html
lochesistemas
Znuny newbie

Post by lochesistemas »

Thanks for your reply. I sat down and read it 3 times before posting this message. I didn't understand why should I use customer user group relation. As far as I understood, I create a customer user group, assign some customer users there and then, assign the group proper permissions in the queue. Is that correct? Well.. I created a customer user group and assigned the supervisors there with RW. Now, how am I suppose to assign that specific group to the queue? And, let's say that I change the current group with the new supervisors one. What about the agents that belong to a specific group in order to attend those tickets?