Approval Process With Customer

Moderator: crythias

DanChan
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.17

Approval Process With Customer

Post by DanChan »

Hi all, I am using OTRS 6, and I need to do a approval workflow for ticket. When process ticket create, customer input a approver email, ticket will flow to the approver after submitted the ticket. since my boss don't want to create many Agent account, we need the ticket can be approved by customer account. I try to set the ticket customer ID to the approver, but it will return "no permission" error after submit the ticket as the ticket was transferred to others. Is there any other method to do it? Thanks thanks~~
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Approval Process With Customer

Post by root »

Hi,

Aside from commercial add-ons to solve this I think it should be possible to save the CustomerUserID and CustomerID of the initial customer to dynamic fields and set the approver as the customer until he approved or rejected. After this you can revert the changed IDs to the initial customer.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
DanChan
Znuny newbie

Post by DanChan »

Thanks for reply.

Yes, so I set the customer to a dynamic field. But it display "no permission" after submit the ticket since customer set to approver email. Is there any way to avoid it? Thanks~
root
Administrator

Post by root »

Hi,

There are to many possibilities which can influence this behaviour. Do you have an example of CustomerUserID/CustomerID values of the ticket a) after creation, when assigning to the approver and back.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

DanChan
Znuny newbie

Post by DanChan »

The situation is...

Customer create a ticket, when click submit button, system copy customer ID to a dynamic field, then put Approver email into Customer ID. then display "no permission" on screen since the Customer ID changed to Approver email, the original customer cannot view the ticket. Thanks :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
root
Administrator

Post by root »

Hi,

I don't see a chance here unless you've got your system working with CustomerIDs in the CustomerUser mapping. You could open a new, linked ticket only for the approver. But there's no way to get the decision back to the initial request.

Everything else I have in mind requires commercial add-ons, sorry.

- Roy

DanChan
Znuny newbie

Post by DanChan »

Hi,

So the best way is to use Agent for approval? If I have 30 approvers, I need to create 30 agent account and queue..... :D

- Dan
root
Administrator

Post by root »

DanChan wrote: 10 Feb 2020, 06:02 So the best way is to use Agent for approval? If I have 30 approvers, I need to create 30 agent account and queue..... :D
Hi,

There is no bets way. Select the one which fits you business needs and budget.

Why don't use E-Mail outbound from the communication menu? Hides approval request and answer from the customer if needed.

- Roy