klsoft
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.6
Company: Core Networks

How to move part of database to another existing one

Post by klsoft »

Hi.

I've got question.

I have two OTRS Instances. One is my production system, with many deleted records to keep everything up and running more smoothly.

Also I have second database (archive), with all the data from the beginning. At some point, I've copied whole system to another machine.

Now. I would like to copy all the new data that accured/showed up after the day of splitting this system into two separate ones.

I've tried to get latest ID from each table on archival machine, dump all the data from these tables on production machine, and insert them into Archive database;

This worked, but OTRS doesn't index them. He can't see new data (I've done all the indexes I've found on otrs.Console.pl script).

So I'm pretty sure that only inserting data is not enough. Somewhere has to bee some things like last index ID, or something like this, and I should update this.

Still I don't know where to find it. Can someone help me and tell what should i do to have everything indexed properly?

Or maybe You know some better method ?

My Next try will be to use parcona's toolkit pt-table-sync to sync databases, but i will remove all DELETE from article, article_mime, tickets, etc)
Still this is nasty way to do this.