Moderator: crythias

flippertom
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 3.2.16

Incorrect Followups

Post by flippertom »

Hello,

We are using OTRS 5.
We have an issue with followups where unrelated emails are treated as followups to existing tickets since some email which created a ticket earlier was edited and forwarded.
It makes sense to have this functionality since the followups can be easily identified. What could be the solution to identify emails which are not to be treated as followups but as new tickets?

Regards,
Tom.
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Incorrect Followups

Post by root »

Hi,

I recommend first to check the System Configuration (Postmaster) which FollowUp filter are enabled.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
flippertom
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 3.2.16

Post by flippertom »

root wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 13:23 Hi,

I recommend first to check the System Configuration (Postmaster) which FollowUp filter are enabled.

- Roy
Hello,

The following options are enabled for followup
Subject
References
Body
Raw Email

Regards,
Tom.
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

flippertom wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 14:02 The following options are enabled for followup
Subject
References
Body
Raw Email
Hi,

One of them will detect a follow-up, I suggest Body or Raw Email, both of them are disabled bu default. But there can be more follow-up filter available, some feature add-ons may add them. Also check the System Configuration regarding ExternalTicketNumberRecognition. I remember an issue where the zip code in the sender's signature was matched and every e-mail was a follow-up :D

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?