Is there a way to override default services?

Moderator: crythias

estomagado
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.36
Company: Design for Context

Is there a way to override default services?

Post by estomagado »

Hello folks!

I have an OTRS 6.0.18 (yes, yes will update) installation for my company. It serves the IT department and the company's IT users. Being a simple setup, we created a set of services and subservices and set them as default.
So, every new employee gets the company's IT services in full. It worked well. So far, so good.

Now we have another scenario.
We'll have external users to request this one service (let's call it EXT SUPPORT). Only the external users must see this service. My internal users must not select this service in the new ticket form - this is easy, just don't make it default.

Problem is, my external users must see ONLY the EXT SUPPORT service when opening tickets. So, I'd have to hide the default services from these external users. The other option would be "un-defaulting" all services and assigning them manually to our +400 internal users, one by one, because there is no Services-Company, Services-Groups or Services-Queues associations on a vanilla OTRS.

Everyone uses Customer.pl. No one is allowed to open tickets by email or phone.
Also, internal users authenticate via LDAP, external users via OTRS DB.

>>> So, the question is: is there a way to hide default services from a group of users? <<<

Thank you in advance.
--
Your pal
Estomagado

Znuny 6.0.36 Vanilla (no add-ons installed, no fancy customization)
MySQL BD backend for external customer users
LDAP (AD) backend for internal customer users & agents
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Is there a way to override default services?

Post by root »

Hi,

This can be done with an ACL as long you have a distinct value for your database or LDAP customer user to differentiate them.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?