Agent Owner Update Notification

Moderator: crythias

splicelid
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.19

Agent Owner Update Notification

Post by splicelid »

Hi, as an agent when I pick up a ticket, I do not receive an email notification, but all other agents receive an email notification. Is there a way to change this so that I, as the ticket-owning agent, receive an email notification?

OTRS 6.0.19
rutulthakkar
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS6

Re: Agent Owner Update Notification

Post by rutulthakkar »

Hello Community,

Any suggestions? I have setup Ticket Notification to added a notification based on TicketOwnerUpdate but it still does not trigger the email notification. Please help.

Thanks,
Rutul Thakkar
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

Hi,

Maybe it's the SysConfig setting AgentSelfNotifyOnAction you're looking for.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
rutulthakkar
Znuny newbie

Post by rutulthakkar »

Hello Roy,

Thank you for quick suggestion. Configuration AgentSelfNotifyOnAction is enabled. The scenario I am encountering is I am changing the Assign To (Owner) to someone else. The other user should receive the notification that they are now assigned to the ticket but it is not triggered. I see in ticket history that 'OwnerUpdate' is recorded but notification is not triggered. I have added the queues in My Queue area as well. Still it is not triggering the notification.

Thanks,
Rutul Thakkar
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

Hi,

I really don't know what thee problem is. Excatly for your describe use case, there is a default ticket notification with every new installation called 'Ticket owner update notification'. Looks like this:
2020-11-07 at 3.51 PM.png
And I attached the exported notification, use the import featue if you like.

- Roy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
rutulthakkar
Znuny newbie

Post by rutulthakkar »

Hi Roy,

Thank you for responding and providing the YAML.

My problem is this - I have setup the notification as you mentioned and I also imported the one you provided. Now, if I change Assign To agent to someone else (or even myself), I expect an email to be triggered to that new person / agent notifying them that they have been now assigned a ticket. This email notification does not get triggered. I see in Ticket history that it record OwnerUpdate event but it does not trigger any email notification to the person who is now Assigned To. I want to know why it does not? If this is a standard behavior? How can change it so that it does trigger an email.

I appreciate your help and input!

Thanks,
Rutul
root wrote: 07 Nov 2020, 17:01 Hi,

I really don't know what thee problem is. Excatly for your describe use case, there is a default ticket notification with every new installation called 'Ticket owner update notification'. Looks like this:

2020-11-07 at 3.51 PM.png

And I attached the exported notification, use the import featue if you like.

- Roy