Moderator: crythias

tallesleonardo
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: versao 6.0.19
Company: Hepta

Integration OTRS + AD to create users

Post by tallesleonardo »

Hello,

I wonder if anyone has done this kind of integration between OTRS and AD so that through data filled in OTRS users are created with the proper permissions in AD? Or through WebService with PowerShell to run scripts that can get objects from DynamicFields?

Today I am using OTRS in version 6.0.19 with MySQL database.
Talles Leonardo
OTRS 6.0.19 on Linux with MySQL database
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Integration OTRS + AD to create users

Post by root »

Hi,

I recommend using Powershell and request the data to create new users from OTRS via the GenericInterface. Should be the approach with least amount of work.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
tallesleonardo
Znuny newbie

Post by tallesleonardo »

Hi,

Actually I need to create these users in AD. I need to get DynamicFields values ​​and send them to AD for user creation.
Talles Leonardo
root
Administrator

Post by root »

Hi,
  • Create a process ticket with needed data in dynamic fields
  • Import the GenericInterfacREST webservice (https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-6 ... orREST.yml)
  • Write a Powershell script to find all open tickets in the appropriate activity
  • Create the user with Powershell
  • Update the ticket with the proper attributes, a note, etc.
- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

Just a thought: if you have an external (Active Directory) back end, you don't need to "create" users (customers?) and you can map AD Attributes to CustomerUser fields. It works rather seemlessly, almost by default.

CustomerGroupsAlwaysGroups is another hint.

It's pretty slick with Apache SSO, too.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
tallesleonardo
Znuny newbie

Post by tallesleonardo »

So in this case I am trying to automate the process of creating users in AD through OTRS, so the Analyst doesn't have to go to AD to create them. Because this is a very recurring demand in the company where I work, and sometimes is causing bottlenecks. Therefore, I would like OTRS to take the user information entered in DynamicFields and automatically register users with their information, either through WebService, PowerShell, etc. Is this kind of interaction possible?
Talles Leonardo
operations
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: KIX17
Company: Syscovery solve@serve GmbH

Post by operations »

Hello Everybody,

I would be interested in that too.
Also thinking about a selve service on the customer page or during ticket creation on the Agent frontend.

Also for Users who leave the Company, I would like to have the same for deleting/archiving Users.

Greatings
OK
Grüße
operations

best regards
operations
crythias

Post by crythias »

tallesleonardo wrote: 25 Jul 2019, 21:47 So in this case I am trying to automate the process of creating users in AD through OTRS, so the Analyst doesn't have to go to AD to create them. Because this is a very recurring demand in the company where I work, and sometimes is causing bottlenecks. Therefore, I would like OTRS to take the user information entered in DynamicFields and automatically register users with their information, either through WebService, PowerShell, etc. Is this kind of interaction possible?
You ... want OTRS to be the master user source for building Active Directory users?
There's no built-in provision for that, and leads to some security concerns, too.

It's near trivial to go the other way, though. And by populating AD, OTRS automatically gets the user information.

And if you must build it, you're halfway to data entry directly into AD anyway. The PowerShell interface that puts the data into AD can be fed to OTRS at the same time if you wish... https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powers ... w=win10-ps
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
tallesleonardo
Znuny newbie

Post by tallesleonardo »

crythias wrote: 30 Jul 2019, 07:36 And if you must build it, you're halfway to data entry directly into AD anyway. The PowerShell interface that puts the data into AD can be fed to OTRS at the same time if you wish... https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powers ... w=win10-ps
In fact, I have created a process that automates ticketing based on the number of users listed to be created in AD. My real need is to take the filled values ​​in the dynamic fields (Name, ID, Phone, etc.) and send this information automatically to AD upon user creation.
Talles Leonardo
root
Administrator

Post by root »

Hi,

Never heard of "sending information to AD". Please specify how the data should be transferred from OTRS.

- Roy

crythias

Post by crythias »

tallesleonardo wrote: 30 Jul 2019, 16:14
crythias wrote: 30 Jul 2019, 07:36 And if you must build it, you're halfway to data entry directly into AD anyway. The PowerShell interface that puts the data into AD can be fed to OTRS at the same time if you wish... https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powers ... w=win10-ps
In fact, I have created a process that automates ticketing based on the number of users listed to be created in AD. My real need is to take the filled values ​​in the dynamic fields (Name, ID, Phone, etc.) and send this information automatically to AD upon user creation.
And I'm saying the same human interface that fills in OTRS to do this should be able to fill in AD, which OTRS can use.