New ticket from forwarded mail [original customer, clean body]

Moderator: crythias

MikeW
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.19

New ticket from forwarded mail [original customer, clean body]

Post by MikeW »

Hello guys,

I know that I have to use the search function first. I'm searching for the last 3 days to find a solution. I found some threads where the function is discussed but nothing is really satisfying. I hope you can help me.

My problem:

We are implementing OTRS into our helpdesk and not all users are sending to the helpdesk address. Some Agents will receive mails directly from the users. Until now we simple forwarded them to our old ticket system and changed to the user manually. And I don't want to do this any more because it's taking time and when someone is not changing to the originator of the ticket our stats for the customers are not correct.

What I want to have is:
I forward the mail to OTRS and it's automatically generating the ticket with the original sender and not the forwarder. I know that in Zendesk it's working. And yes, I know the function to bounce/resend the mail from outlook. But our technicians are not always able to use Outlook for days. So the only way is to forward it using the mobile phone.

How can I use Postmaster Filter, Generic Agent or other features in OTRS to get this working. We are using the latest community version. The perfect solution would be that I forward the mail to OTRS system and the body of the mail is also cleaned up. It should look like the user has sent the mail to the system and not the agent/technician.

I hope we could find a solution because I think that others do also have this situaton.

Thank you very much!

Best regards, Michael
OTRS: 6.0.19 ITSM FAQ
DB: MariaDB
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: New ticket from forwarded mail [original customer, clean body]

Post by root »

Hi,

you have to possibilities. If your e-mail client is capable of, you can redirect/bounce the e-mail from the agent's account to an OTRS system address.
If not you should configure the INBOX of an account fetched by e-mail in that way, that agent's are able to drag and drop the e-mail into it. This work's also with subfolder, they can be fetched via IMAP from OTRS.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
MikeW
Znuny newbie

Post by MikeW »

root wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 08:53 Hi,

you have to possibilities. If your e-mail client is capable of, you can redirect/bounce the e-mail from the agent's account to an OTRS system address.
If not you should configure the INBOX of an account fetched by e-mail in that way, that agent's are able to drag and drop the e-mail into it. This work's also with subfolder, they can be fetched via IMAP from OTRS.

- Roy
Hello Roy,

thank you for your quick response. I have thought about this option. But... often we don't have access to outlook for drag and drop. On our mobile phones there is no possibility to move it directly to the mailbox where OTRS is collecting the mails from.

The cleanup of the body is not really needed. It's ony a "nice-to-have" but not neccessary. We have played ournd with keywords to parse which I have to enter before forwarding. But often there is not enough time or when I'm sitting in the car I cannot write the mail address of the originator with a spectial tag that OTRS can parse.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Thank you very much.

BR, Michael
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

don't accept personal mails. Teching the users to contact servicedesk instead is the best solution.

And as Roy said, bouncing it to OTRS is the technical propper solution
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
MikeW
Znuny newbie

Post by MikeW »

jojo wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 09:40 don't accept personal mails. Teching the users to contact servicedesk instead is the best solution.

And as Roy said, bouncing it to OTRS is the technical propper solution
Sure, we are always telling our users to send to the ticket system. But you have some "special friends" who don't care ore something else. You know what I mean?
I know the "correct" solution with bouncing mails... But it doesn't help when agents are not working like it's designed. So I would welcome a workaround without generating more effort for our technicians. They have anough to do with solving problem ;-)

Best regards, Michael
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

Hi,

If you can't teach your agents to work as it's designed you're done. There's no way around it if the forward the e-mails. Proper training, checking results and repetitive reminder needs to be done.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?