FollowUp without ticket number

Moderator: crythias

Nils75
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.2

FollowUp without ticket number

Post by Nils75 »

Hello,

unfortunately all my searches have not been successful; that's why I'm asking here. Hopefully someone of you can help me.
We are using the community edition version 6 as a test environment for ticket management. At the moment our "tickets" are handled as "normal" emails in our email environment. A copy of all new mails to our support mailbox is automatically sent to the mailbox the OTRS postmaster account is "watching".
Example: Customer sends us an email to our support address. This mail ist automatically sent as a full copy to the OTRS mailbox.
The issue, which has been sent by the customer will be worked on and solved by one of our agents. After the issue has been solved, the mail is moved into a special folder within that mailbox (by the agent).
Because of that procedure (which unfortunately can't be modyfied at the moment), every new mail creates a new ticket (because of the missing ticket number) and all existing tickets won't be closed without closing them in OTRS itself.

I'm now searching for a possibility to close tickets, moved to the "solved" folder. It is no problem to send a further copy of that mail to the OTRS mailbox, when the original mail is moved into the "solved" folder.

It's not a problem to modify the header of emails prior saving it to the inbox of the support mailbox.
What I've tried so far is:
I'm adding a header "CustomerTicketID" with "ITSM-" plus the original subject to the original email prior it is saved into the support mailbox.
Then I've changed the "PostMaster::PreFilterModule###000-ExternalTicketNumberRecognition1":
The NumberRegExp is now "(ITSM-?(RE)?(WG)?(FWD)?(Antwort)?(.*))" and the DynamicFieldName is "CustomerTicketID".

Unfortunately my "FollowUp" mails are not recognized as such. And I don't have any clues, why and what to do against that. :(
How could I solve this "issue"? Any tips are more then welcome! :wink:

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Thank you very much in advance for your support.
Kind regards and have a nice day.
Nils
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Re: FollowUp without ticket number

Post by jojo »

thats not the way OTRS is intented to work.

All tickets should be worked on (and answered) within OTRS.
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com