Incoming mail - discard everything below line

Moderator: crythias

MadsT
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.3
Company: Herningsholm IT-center

Incoming mail - discard everything below line

Post by MadsT »

Most of our communication in OTRS is through mail.
When I look at our tickets zoom-view it is very difficult to keep track of everything because in each article the whole mail is included and contains all previous dialogue with the customer. This info is also present in the previous articles and after a longer dialogue - then last article is a longer story that repeats what all the other articles are telling.

I would like to discard all "old" information from an incoming mail. I have seen other helpdesk solution handle this by inserting a "divider" og "line" that marks the border between the new and old information. This could be something like:
"----- Do not write below this line -----"
And then the helpdesk would ignore anything below this line and only update the tickets with the new information.

Is this possible with OTRS?
I have been googling all day for a solution on this - and found exciting solutions for various other things - but not anything about cutting/splitting/dividing incoming mails of discarding parts of them. I have also searched the sysconfig and looked through all settings for the postmaster-part.

Maybe i just dont know the right word for this kind of functionality. So what i am asking is ... will you help me google this? :-) .. Or better yet, do you know if and how this is possible?

Thank you
Mads Toustrup
Currently using OTRS v6 - been using it since v3.0. 25 agents and thousands of customer-accounts.
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Incoming mail - discard everything below line

Post by root »

Hi,

AFAIK this requires custom development, the body can't be changed by a PostMaster filter.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
MadsT
Znuny newbie

Post by MadsT »

As i haven't been able to find anything on how to accomplice this i think Roy might be right. That it is not possible.

Is there anyone who have an alternative suggestion on how to lower the amount of redundant text when a mail-ticket has a lot of communication?
Or does everyone just live with the tickets being flooded with the same info again and again?
Currently using OTRS v6 - been using it since v3.0. 25 agents and thousands of customer-accounts.
MadsT
Znuny newbie

Post by MadsT »

Since there seems to be no way to obtain this with the built in functionality, we have chosen to use another option as a workaround.
By setting the option Ticket::Frontend::ResponseQuoteMaxLines to 10 we limit the amount of data from previous dialogue to be included in the new mail. We have also adjusted Ticket::Frontend::ResponseFormat to let the end users know that they have to log into OTRS to view the entire history.