Handle customer company hierarchy

Moderator: crythias

inesc
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.12

Handle customer company hierarchy

Post by inesc »

Hello,

Most of our customer are composed of a parent company and subsidiaries. We need to handle this hierarchy.
We tried to set the multiple CustomerIDs and the customer groups but (if we did it well) it seems that it doesn't fit our need.

We need to:
- link customer companies to others
- allow customer users to be linked to the parent customer company and see all the subsidiaries activity (tickets).

Is it possible in standard with otrs? did we miss something on the use of the customer groups and/or multiple CustomerIDs?

In advance, thx for your help!
Inès
christianclavet
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: Community
Company: Tact Group

Re: Handle customer company hierarchy

Post by christianclavet »

Hi, Not exactly sure what you mean, but from what I know you can define a customer user to be part of multiple company's.

So you can define Customer user 1 to be part of customerA, customerB, customerC, customerD

You use the group to give the access to the queue to the customer user.
So the customer user is the central point, not the company. You still can track the activity for each company by using the customer user.
Regards,
----------------------------------------------
OTRS Community 6.0.11
Debian 9.0

MariaDB
sansflance
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS6.0

Post by sansflance »

christianclavet wrote: 12 Nov 2018, 15:18 Hi, Not exactly sure what you mean, but from what I know you can define a customer user to be part of multiple company's.

So you can define Customer user 1 to be part of customerA, customerB, customerC, customerD

You use the group to give the access to the queue to the customer user.
So the customer user is the central point, not the company. You still can track the activity for each company by using the customer user.
Regards,
Hi Is this the feature in OTRS6.0? I am using OTRS5 and I do not see any option to link one customer user to multiple customers. Selecting customer id for a customer user is a drop down to select single value.
wurzel
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: x.x.x

Post by wurzel »

Hi,

check https://doc.otrs.com/doc/manual/admin/6 ... kends.html

the topic "Customer with Multiple IDs (Company Tickets)"

Florian
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)
OTRS 8 auf Debian 11 (Test)
Znuny 7.x latest version testing auf Debian 11

-- Ich beantworte keine Forums-Fragen PN - No PN please

I won't answer to unfriendly users any more. A greeting and regards are just polite.