Attachment on ticket create email to agent

Moderator: crythias

littlebuddha
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.x

Attachment on ticket create email to agent

Post by littlebuddha »

Hello,

I am new on this forum and I search for a while before posting this question.

I am helping a company configuring an ((OTRS)) install (6.0.12) which was updated from 3.1.7.

When a customer is creating a new ticket with an attachment, the agent receives an email. Unfortunately, the attachment is not part of the email. There is a link to open the ticket in the backend - which I find is good enough. But the support agents were used to have the attachment in the email and want this to be working again. I have checked with different file sizes, it is not a matter of size (not this time ;-)). And by the way, when an agent creates a ticket from the backend, the mail sent to the customer has the attachment in the email (that is working)...

I have played with the AttachmentDownloadType module inline/attachment, but that didn't help.

So the question is: is it possible to have attachments on the emails using ((OTRS)) out of the box? And if yes, what might I be missing?

Thank you for help and hints

Littlebuddha
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Re: Attachment on ticket create email to agent

Post by jojo »

yes, check Ticket Notifications. But it really makes no sense. People should work in OTRS, the mail is just an information (an people might use different channels to get informed about new tickets also)
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
littlebuddha
Znuny newbie

Post by littlebuddha »

Thank you for this quick feedback.
But I tried quite a few things in the "Ticket Notifications" section - I can't find such as an attachment option.

I guess it should be under "Ticket create notification". There, in "Ticket filter" I cannot find any attachment option. Only within "Article filter" (it is mentioned, only for ArticleCreate and ArticleSend). I don't really get what this is for as my event is TicketCreate...

One more hint would be appreciated.

Thank you
Littlebuddha
littlebuddha
Znuny newbie

Post by littlebuddha »

Hi,

Has anyone a tip? Even though I agree that having the attachment is not really cool, I guess that some other ((OTRS) admins have setup the notifications like that..

Thank you

LB
christianclavet
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: Community
Company: Tact Group

Post by christianclavet »

Hi,
I guess it should be under "Ticket create notification". There, in "Ticket filter" I cannot find any attachment option. Only within "Article filter" (it is mentioned, only for ArticleCreate and ArticleSend). I don't really get what this is for as my event is TicketCreate...
You were right. It's there. But there is some kind of bug for the TicketCreate Notification. It doesn't work. It only work with the note create notification for me. Never worked when a ticket was created.
----------------------------------------------
OTRS Community 6.0.11
Debian 9.0

MariaDB
littlebuddha
Znuny newbie

Post by littlebuddha »

Hi,

I would also think of a bug.

We have also installed an OTRS 6.0.12 for testtin purpose from prepackaged build and it does, by default, transmit the attachments with the notification.

The other OTRS I mentioned before have been upgraded from old versions. But! they have been upgraded with Git Master branch.

Is it possible that the "package" source makes the difference?

Littlebuddha