Ticket move queue - question about workflow and the use of owner and responsible

Moderator: crythias

voiprodrigo
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS 4

Ticket move queue - question about workflow and the use of owner and responsible

Post by voiprodrigo »

Hi,

I'm trying to implement a workflow for two queues. Here's the assumptions and what I have in mind:

Responsible: person currently working on the ticket
Owner: person that owns the ticket before the customer
Two Queues: L1 and L2. Tickets can be moved between L2 and L2. Ticket life begins on L1, may end on L1 or L2.
Agents: two groups, L1 and L2 too. Only L1 agents interact with customer directly.

- A ticket is submitted by customer. Generic Agent will place tickets from that customer on a queue L1.
- L1 agents are notified. A L1 agent locks ticket, and is set as owner and responsible
- L1 agent decides to escalate to L2. Moves into queue L2. Ticket is unlocked and Responsible should be unset (set to root user), keeping L1 Agent as owner
- L2 agents are notified that a ticket was moved from queue L1 into queue L2.
- L2 agent locks ticket. Only Responsible should be set to him, Owner should still remain the L1 agent.
- L2 moves ticket back to L1. Owner should remain. L2 agent should have the option to set Responsible back to the Owner.

This is how envision working with transitions between queues. But there are problems here:

1) Ticket move into queue window only allows to set Owner, not Responsible. Don't understand why, don't know if it's possible to add Responsible to that screen to.
2) A ticket lock will change Owner (and consequently Responsible, as I have that option enabled) to the agent locking it. It should change only Responsible, and change Owner ONLY if Owner is still the root user (not expected to happen after the first lock of the ticket)
3) There's an option to reset owner on move. But for this model, an option to reset responsible would be needed, but there doesn't seem to be that option

How can I make this work? Or do I have an incorrect understanding of how owner and responsible should be handled when working a ticket in between two different queues?

Thanks in advance.
Linux (Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS) | MySQL 5.5.40 | OTRS 4.0.7
wurzel
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: x.x.x

Re: Ticket move queue - question about workflow and the use of owner and responsible

Post by wurzel »

Hi,

the owner of a ticket is normally the agent actually working on a ticket. see http://otrs.github.io/doc/manual/admin/ ... ng-tickets

The responsible gets assigned besides the owner. So you may "switch" your owner/responsilbe :-)

your steps
- L1 agent decides to escalate to L2. Moves into queue L2. Ticket is unlocked and Responsible should be unset (set to root user), keeping L1 Agent as owner
should be like this
- L1 agent decides to escalate to L2. Moves into queue L2. Ticket is unlocked and Owner should be unset (set to root user), keeping L1 Agent as responsible
- L2 agent locks ticket (= owner set). Only Owner should be set to him, Responsible should still remain the L1 agent.

You need to built some Generic Agents. For resetting Owner/Locks and you have to built some ACL for the permission on tickets in specific queues.

for this
3) There's an option to reset owner on move. But for this model, an option to reset responsible would be needed, but there doesn't seem to be that option
you should not activate it for your scenario. This would reset the owner on each move. For one owner reset (move L2 to L1) you have to built a Generic Agent.

In general you can think about splitting tickets instead of moving them.

Florian
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)
OTRS 8 auf Debian 11 (Test)
Znuny 7.x latest version testing auf Debian 11

-- Ich beantworte keine Forums-Fragen PN - No PN please

I won't answer to unfriendly users any more. A greeting and regards are just polite.