Migrate MySQL to Oracle RAC One Node

Moderator: crythias

mstuut2013
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 50101

Migrate MySQL to Oracle RAC One Node

Post by mstuut2013 »

We are looking at upgrading our OTRS production environment from our current MySQL to Oracle 12c RAC One Node. I am new to OTRS and am not the OTRS Administrator so am not sure the process. I am a DBA and have been asked to create an Oracle database which I want to use Oracle 12c RAC One Node. So we have to move our current MySQL data to Oracle. The administrator indicated there is an export/import utility that creates a CVS file but don't know if this is the most efficient method. So a couple of questions:
1 - Will OTRS 5.0.10.1 support Oracle 12c RAC One Node?
2 - Is there a more efficient method to migrate the data from MySQL to Oracle?
mstuut2013
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 50101

Re: Migrate MySQL to Oracle RAC One Node

Post by mstuut2013 »

We are looking at doing the same thing and we are running Oracle Exadata which is Oracle RAC One Node. It would be nice to know if this will be an issue but I don't see any other posting on this.
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Migrate MySQL to Oracle RAC One Node

Post by root »

For the migration I would give the free addon CloneDB a try. I used it often to move away from Oracle. As long as you have a valid OTRS DSN for source and destination it should work.
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?