Moderator: crythias

OTRSRDNewbie
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.2, 5
Company: N/A

Unable to install packages

Post by OTRSRDNewbie »

Hi,

I'm using CentOS 7, with I think standard SELinux a security. I am able to install a OTRS 3.2.7 on my virtual machine, its actually my own created vm. And was able to install ITSM, Fred on it. I am just learning otrs. Then I found out that the running otrs, we have and what I need to look after is a higher version. I followed the steps on the upgrade guide like 3.2 -> 3.3 -> ... At first it was running properly atleast I think. In package manager I'm able to upgrade Support module. Then somehow some of the package has warning not deployed properly I retried reinstall but still the error message keeps showing not properly deployed. So I downloaded newer version of ITSM module. So I uninstalled the older version of the ITSM modules, them when I'm going to install GeneralCatalog its still not properly deployed. When I check httpd error log. I see messages like can't create directory /opt/otrs/var/packagesetup permission denied.

I tried creating a new virtual machine and tried installing the newer version. I have been successful in installing otrs 4, otrs 3.2 in two virtual machine. But on the new virtual machine even with a clean new install. I can't install any package - ITSM, Fred, Support, ...

Its the same error I am getting. Permission Denied on creation of directory /opt/otrs/var/package. I have entered all the SElinux policy that made OTRS run correctly before. This is newer than 3.2 so its not the Allow All on the zzz_otrs.conf. I even tried chown, chmod. I checked the attributes of the file the group member should be able to access the otrs folder. I made as new user as member of otrs and was able to access it. There is also no ACL.

I have also tried changing the user and group in httpd.conf to otrs. Got more errors when I run it.

Any suggestion? I am just learning OTRS to support our existing otrs system the person who used to support it left.