Moderator: crythias

daviknx
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 4.0.7
Company: Home

ID Customer Automatic

Post by daviknx »

Hi,

When I add a client you must define an ID. How can I allow the ID is automatically incremented? So there is no risk of duplicate.
seberget2
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.30

Re: ID Customer Automatic

Post by seberget2 »

daviknx wrote:When I add a client you must define an ID. How can I allow the ID is automatically incremented? So there is no risk of duplicate.
There is no option for this, you can probably create something that does it for you. We usually use the domain name of the customer or the email address as an ID. This is actually what OTRS does by default for Customer Users, when an email comes in. We therefore use the domain name for Customer Companies.
OTRS 6.0.12 on Ubuntu with MySQL DB, and various plug-ins and a hack or two :-D
daviknx
Znuny newbie

Post by daviknx »

I got it! Cool!

I've seen some people suggesting change the source code, you have had experience in this way?
seberget2
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.30

Post by seberget2 »

Hi there daviknx!
daviknx wrote:I've seen some people suggesting change the source code, you have had experience in this way?
I would not recommend to change the source code. If at all possible use one of the extension points within OTRS. That is create a PostMasterFilter in code, EventHandler and so on. And while you are at it, create it as an OTRS Package and install it through the Package Manager.

The latter makes upgrading your OTRS system a lot easier. You don't have to manually patch the changed OTRS files forever.

Hope this helps!
OTRS 6.0.12 on Ubuntu with MySQL DB, and various plug-ins and a hack or two :-D
daviknx
Znuny newbie

Post by daviknx »

mmm... Right!

Thanks!! :D