[SOLVED]Removed PID (PostMasterMailbox/yourhost.example.com/7046, because 1 hour old!

Moderator: crythias

catharn
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 4.0.x

[SOLVED]Removed PID (PostMasterMailbox/yourhost.example.com/7046, because 1 hour old!

Post by catharn »

Hello world,

I have a little problem, which is not that big, but kind of annoying.

I'm for the moment testing and implementing OTRS 4.0.6. As I'm in test mode, i'm checking all the mails every 1 minute, in order to test faster...

But i keep getting this : Removed PID (PostMasterMailbox/yourhost.example.com/7046, because 1 hour old!

It comes every minutes (see attachment), and I don't know why it is appaering all the time.

Is it because OTRS checks new mail every 1 minute ?

Do you have any of what it could me ?

Thanks for your help,

Have a nice day
Probleme Remove PID.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by catharn on 09 Mar 2015, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfgangf
Znuny ninja
Znuny Version: 6.0.13
Company: PBS Logitek GmbH

Re: Removed PID (PostMasterMailbox/yourhost.example.com/7046, because 1 hour old!

Post by Wolfgangf »

I running the same setup in a production environment: check for mail every minute - and it's working fine
I assume an old postmaster process running
therefore I'd suggest the following
- stop the scheduler
- run

Code: Select all

<otrshome>/bin/otrs.PosmasterMailbox -f 1 

- restart the scheduler
and then let's see the log
Produktiv:
OTRS 6.0.13/ ITSM 6.0.13
Windows 2012 AD Integration (agents and customers), Nagios integration (incidents, CMDB), Survey, TimeAccounting
catharn
Znuny newbie

Re: Removed PID (PostMasterMailbox/yourhost.example.com/7046, because 1 hour old!

Post by catharn »

Thanks for the reply,

I did what you suggested me to do, but i'm still having the same issue.

In the log, i still have every minute the message Removed PID (...) because 1 hour old!
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

my guess is the pid file is created by an account that the scheduler does not have permission to delete. Especially since it appears to be the same PID file.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
catharn
Znuny newbie

Post by catharn »

Hey,

Thanks for your answer crythias.

I just found the way how to solve it. By reading other posts on the forum, one guy had the same thing. What he did is that he look into his db in the table "process-id" and he had two process running. OTRS-Scheduler and PostMasterMailbox. He deleted PostmasterMailbox and then everything is working fine.

I did exactly the same as him, as follow : DELETE FROM process-id where process-name = 'PostMasterMailbox".

I'll continue checking the log in case of, but for the moment, i don't have anymore "Removed PID (PostMasterMailbox/yourhost.example.com/7046, because 1 hour old!"

Thanks for your help!