Add additional variables about agents

Moderator: crythias

handyman
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.2.9

Add additional variables about agents

Post by handyman »

Hello,

I am currently setting up OTRS 3.2.9. While adding signatures, I realized that I need more agent specific variables like "Job Position", "direct dial number" "mobile phone number" for each agent. How do I do that? Via googling I found the hint to look at Framework -> Frontend::Agent::Preferences and use the freetext. But I do not see any freetext options there. The "use saluations field" workaround is no option since I need multiple additional variables.

Quoted hint:
http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/otrs/20 ... 24278.html
Last edited by handyman on 25 Jul 2013, 15:05, edited 1 time in total.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Additional additional variables about agents

Post by crythias »

OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
handyman
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.2.9

Re: Additional additional variables about agents

Post by handyman »

Thank u for the fast reply. So, then I have to backup the whole OTRS Dir, not only the database and remember the customized file(s). How do you do the latter? Do u have some logfile where u put the names of all customized files in?

*edit*

Additonally I asked another question in ur Howto Thread.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Add additional variables about agents

Post by crythias »

handyman wrote:backup the whole OTRS Dir, not only the database and remember the customized file(s). How do you do the latter?
Since my customizations are in otrs/Custom or Kernel/Config/ I should know how to copy them...?
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask