[SOLVED]add ticket type

Moderator: crythias

BrianYin
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.12

[SOLVED]add ticket type

Post by BrianYin »

Hi, i have a question about ticket type
as we all known, customers can select ticket type when they create a ticket. i defined three types for them: 1/operation consultation; 2/system problem reporting 3/others
after the agents solve the problems, they need to analyze what cause this problem happened. therefore they need to modify ticket type but i don't want customers see too many ticket types which means this kind of type only agent can see, what should i do?
is there anyone can give me some advice?
Thanks,appreciate it.
Last edited by BrianYin on 28 Sep 2012, 04:43, edited 1 time in total.
OTRS Version: 3.1.9
ITSM 3.1.6
MySQL 5.xxx
yuri0001
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: 5.0.6

Re: add ticket type

Post by yuri0001 »

Hi!
You can create Dynamic Field (such as Category) and assign to it a list of values that clarify the Type value entered by customer. After solving customer's problem - agent can fill this field through Ticket menu item Free Fields. Prior to this you need to configure the Free Fields screen in Edit Config Settings in Ticket -> Frontend::Agent::Ticket::ViewFreeText -->
Ticket::Frontend::AgentTicketFreeText###DynamicField - here you need to add your new Dinamic Field and make it mandatory.
You also can add the filling of this field in Close screen - this is your choice in your business-process.
The type of note will "note internal". In this case the customer not see this message and changes.
:?
Best regards Yuri Kolesnikov
OTRS 5.0.14, ITSM 5.0.14
SUSE 13.2, MariaDB 10.0.22(productive)
OTRS 5.0.14, ITSM 5.0.14(test)
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

Plus acl will help filter.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
BrianYin
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.12

Post by BrianYin »

Thanks a lot!!
OTRS Version: 3.1.9
ITSM 3.1.6
MySQL 5.xxx