OTRS hardware and performance

Moderator: crythias

georing
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.7

OTRS hardware and performance

Post by georing »

I would like to ask how efficient should be a server for OTRS. That means how big is database when there are e.g. 30k tickets and 200 customers stored and how hardware must be to manage this db? I think this question is addressed to the administrators who manage advanced OTRS installation.
DevinRob
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.10

Re: OTRS hardware and performance

Post by DevinRob »

Depending on the number of articles per ticket and the number of tickets per day, your DB size can vary. Our DB is currently around 600 MB in size and contains over 40k tickets. Our article share is over 26 GB in size (primarily due to the size of file attachments in the email). The specs provided at the beginning of the admin manual will probably be sufficient for most deployments.
OTRS 3.3.10 on Windows 2008 R2
georing
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.7

Re: OTRS hardware and performance

Post by georing »

Thanks for your reply. Now I'm reading documentation about OTRS performance tuning. May I have one more question for you? What hardware your company use as server?

I'm refreshing this subject, because this matter is very important for me. I would like to ask what are hardware requirements for OTRS installation, which will be managing about 50k tickets per year?