Moderator: crythias

abeath
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.4
Company: INtelephony

Problems with upgrade from 3.0.11 to 3.1.4

Post by abeath »

Hi everyone,

I've recently upgraded to 3.1.4 from 3.0.11 and now no tickets display in the dashboard. The lines are there, but everything is blank and when I click on something I get an error saying "No TicketID is given".

When I look in the logs, I see the OTRS-CGI throwing up an error about an Unknown Column st.freekey1 in field list.

During the upgrade I followed the instructions on the website (and thankfully I backed up). Here is the error from my syslog:

May 1 10:59:53 otrs OTRS-CGI-10[1859]: [Error][Kernel::System::Ticket::TicketGet][Line:999]: Unknown column 'st.freekey1' in 'field list', SQL: 'SELECT st.id, st.queue_id, sq.name, st.ticket_state_id, st.ticket_lock_id, sp.id, sp.name, st.create_time_unix, st.create_time, sq.group_id, st.tn, st.customer_id, st.customer_user_id, st.user_id, st.responsible_user_id, st.until_time, st.freekey1, st.freetext1, st.freekey2, st.freetext2, st.freekey3, st.freetext3, st.freekey4, st.freetext4, st.freekey5, st.freetext5, st.freekey6, st.freetext6, st.freekey7, st.freetext7, st.freekey8, st.freetext8, st.freekey9, st.freetext9, st.freekey10, st.freetext10, st.freekey11, st.freetext11, st.freekey12, st.freetext12, st.freekey13, st.freetext13, st.freekey14, st.freetext14, st.freekey15, st.freetext15, st.freekey16, st.freetext16, st.freetime1, st.freetime2, st.freetime3, st.freetime4, st.freetime5, st.freetime6, st.change_time, st.title, st.escalation_update_time, st.timeout, st.type_id, st.service_id, st.sla_id, st.escalation_response_time, st.escalation_solution_time, st.escalation_time, st.archive_flag FROM ticket st, ticket_priority sp, queue sq WHERE sp.id = st.ticket_priority_id AND sq.id = st.queue_id AND st.id = ? LIMIT 1'
May 1 10:59:53 otrs OTRS-CGI-10[1859]: [Error][Kernel::System::Ticket::TicketFlagGet][Line:7545]: Need TicketID!
May 1 10:59:59 otrs OTRS-CGI-10[1859]: [Error][Kernel::Output::HTML::Layout::Error][Line:1131]: No TicketID is given!

Please can anyone help out?

Angus
steveparker
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.3

Re: Problems with upgrade from 3.0.11 to 3.1.4

Post by steveparker »

abeath wrote:Hi everyone,

I've recently upgraded to 3.1.4 from 3.0.11 and now no tickets display in the dashboard. The lines are there, but everything is blank and when I click on something I get an error saying "No TicketID is given".

When I look in the logs, I see the OTRS-CGI throwing up an error about an Unknown Column st.freekey1 in field list.

During the upgrade I followed the instructions on the website (and thankfully I backed up). Here is the error from my syslog:

May 1 10:59:53 otrs OTRS-CGI-10[1859]: [Error][Kernel::System::Ticket::TicketGet][Line:999]: Unknown column 'st.freekey1' in 'field list', SQL: 'SELECT st.id, st.queue_id, sq.name, st.ticket_state_id,
<<<<<SNIP>>>>>
Angus,

It sounds to me like you missed step 9 in the installation instructions (http://doc.otrs.org/3.1/en/html/upgrading.html). There were a number of database updates that have to be applied. If that's not the case, were there any errors in the output when you ran the database upgrade steps?

Steve
abeath
Znuny newbie

Post by abeath »

Hi Steve,

thanks for your reply. I was *sure* I did every step and I received no errors at all. I'll re-do the upgrade again and make sure I hit every step.

Thanks

Angus
abeath
Znuny newbie

Post by abeath »

Ok so I just ran through a full upgrade again, no errors at all and followed every step of the guide as written, including all of step 9 (the MySQL parts anyway). I su'd to otrs to run the migration, then back out to do the post migration and everything was sweet. Start the OTRS services up, log in and see no tickets :-(

Any ideas learned folk?

Angus
abeath
Znuny newbie

Post by abeath »

OK I've figured it out - don't copy all of the files from under Kernel back to the new OTRS install after upgrading....

It's not good :(

Fixed!
juanman80
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.15

Post by juanman80 »

abeath wrote:OK I've figured it out - don't copy all of the files from under Kernel back to the new OTRS install after upgrading....

It's not good :(

Fixed!
Hi,
We're in 3.0.11 and are planning the upgrade to 3.1.4 (or 3.1.5), so I'm documenting any possible problem.
I'm not sure if I understood your problem and this posted solution:
Are you saying that the problem was that you installed OTRS 3.1.4 (let's say, in /opt/otrs-3.1.4) and THEN moved (or copied) your Kernel modules from 3.0.11 to 3.1.4 (let's say, from /opt/otrs/Kernel to /opt/otrs-3.1.4/Kernel)? Why would you do that? Did you do it to keep your old config?
OTRS 5.0.15 on CentOSLinux with MariaDB database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.
abeath
Znuny newbie

Post by abeath »

Yes - that is what I did. So to fix it, I did a fresh install, then followed *exactly* the procedure on the net, not substituting any ideas I might have had.

The upgrade ended up going very smoothly and I did our production machine yesterday with no issues.

Angus
juanman80
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.15

Post by juanman80 »

abeath wrote:Yes - that is what I did. So to fix it, I did a fresh install, then followed *exactly* the procedure on the net, not substituting any ideas I might have had.

The upgrade ended up going very smoothly and I did our production machine yesterday with no issues.

Angus
Ok, thanks.

Did you have any Custom module? Did you have to update them?
OTRS 5.0.15 on CentOSLinux with MariaDB database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.
guillo
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.7

Post by guillo »

I'm so sorry guys, but for the life of me I can't find that website you are talking about (with the instructions). So far this is the only thing I've found

http://faq.otrs.org/otrs/public.pl?Acti ... ItemID=351

Would you be so kind to share the link please?

This is not my day...
OTRS V 3.0.7 Windows 2008 x64 going for 3.1.7
OTRS 3.1.12 on LINUX UBUNTU SERVER
steveparker
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.3

Post by steveparker »

guillo wrote:I'm so sorry guys, but for the life of me I can't find that website you are talking about (with the instructions). So far this is the only thing I've found

http://faq.otrs.org/otrs/public.pl?Acti ... ItemID=351

Would you be so kind to share the link please?

This is not my day...
Here's the link:

http://doc.otrs.org/3.1/en/html/upgrading.html

Steve