Create new Ticket from CI/Customer Record

Moderator: crythias

RBehr
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.7
Company: Impact

Create new Ticket from CI/Customer Record

Post by RBehr »

We have lots of customers. It is not always easy to find them when capturing a new ticket - the full search feature isn't there. So we would like to do a search for the customer and then, from the customer, create a new ticket for that customer (same as the option offered immediately after creating a new customer). Can this be done?

In the same way, we would want to be able to search for a CI and then, from the CI record, create a new ticket for that CI. Can this be done?
Rod Behr
Software Design Manager and Database Analyst | Impact Audiovisual | London
Installation: OTRS 3.0.7, Apache 2, Strawberry Perl 5 on Ubuntu 10.04.3 Server with separate MySQL Server, also on Ubuntu 10.04.3
icm3012
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.8

Re: Create new Ticket from CI/Customer Record

Post by icm3012 »

Hi Rod.

The first part, I know KIX4OTRS offers this option as it has a customer information board which lists all tickets, services and I think CIs on one screen. At the bottom it has a phone and email ticket creation button - great package but installation needs to be followed very closely.

The second part regarding tickets from the CI record is easier, this http://opar.perl-services.de/bin/index. ... TicketOnCI on OPAR, provides a button on the CI toolbar, it doesn;t automatically link the ticket, but since your creatign this from the CI reocrd, linking it is quite easy, again this is more refined in KIX4OTRS.

I have tried KIX4OTRS and it has some really good enhancements to the standard OTRS. Might be worth a look.

regards

Ian
kind regards

Ian

OTRS v3.0.11 ITSM 3.0.5 running on ubuntu 11.10 64bit
with iPhone app
accessacb
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.33
Company: Accessa

Re: Create new Ticket from CI/Customer Record

Post by accessacb »

Hello,
I am running the latest OTRS 5.0.32 and I am looking for exactly the same functionality as is described by the OP. I.e. to have a link to create a new ticket in the Config Item Zoom and if possible have the information from the CI populated in the newly created ticket if possible. The module TicketOnCI would be perfect, but unfortunately, it's for an older framework. Is this functionality available somehow in OTRS 5.0.x?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
Christophe.
5.0.x
Fedora 64 - 29.
MariaDB