Performance issue

Moderator: crythias

chetannagaonkar
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 3.2

Performance issue

Post by chetannagaonkar »

One of our customer where an OTRS ITSM implementation has been implemented is facing severe performance issues. The number of tickets submitted per day is less than 20; however, the performance seems to be slow even while submitting the ticket. Has anybody faced this issue as they say that they don't seem to have network latency issues. There don't seem to be too many open tickets to cause performance issues either. Any tips to tackle performance issues would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Best Regards
Chetan
Best Regards
Chetan
OTRS 3.06
ITSM 3.1
MySQL
Windows 7 Ultimate
chetannagaonkar
Znuny advanced

Re: Performance issue

Sorry to bother again; just wanted to follow up if anybody has faced such situation and if they have been able to resolve performance issue. Or is it in general that after installing ITSM modules, the system gets slower? Appreciate any help here pls.

Thanks.
Best Regards
Chetan
Best Regards
Chetan
OTRS 3.06
ITSM 3.1
MySQL
Windows 7 Ultimate
MichaelR
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.9
Company: LRS Health

Post by MichaelR »

Your sig say's it's OTRS 3 so mod perl should be configured by default.

Activate Apache::DBI?
Is the (assuming the system we are talking about is the one in your sig) on a VM?
OTRS: 3.0.9 & ITSM 3.0.4 - OS: Windows 7 - DB: MySQL - Heaps of random/useful hacks :)
[Major Code Changes]
ArticleFreeTime1-3
Ability to search ArticleFreeText
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

There are a lot of possibilities for slowing down OTRS. But with this little bit of information, nobody can tell why.

For analysing you should buy some professional support
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
chetannagaonkar
Znuny advanced

Thanks MichaelR and jojo. The system is different than what is specified in my signature. I have seen the performance issue creeping in even when I install ITSM on my laptop. Is it common for you/others too? At customers place, yes, we have installed it on VM; however, we have installed Helpdesk systems on VMs for other customers but have never faced performance issues. In general, I have observed the performance hit after installing ITSM components (even though the number of tickets hardly cross 30 per day).

Best Regards
Chetan
Best Regards
Chetan
OTRS 3.06
ITSM 3.1
MySQL
Windows 7 Ultimate
MichaelR
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.9
Company: LRS Health

Post by MichaelR »

Well sure ITSM adds a number of extra checks and code changes. But I wouldn't think it would add a huge load onto OTRS. <5% load increase I would say, and that is probably the higher extreme. Mod_Perl would get rid of the extra load anyway...
OTRS: 3.0.9 & ITSM 3.0.4 - OS: Windows 7 - DB: MySQL - Heaps of random/useful hacks :)
[Major Code Changes]
ArticleFreeTime1-3
Ability to search ArticleFreeText