Specific agents dedicated to specific customers?

Moderator: crythias

mmaga
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: Version 6
Company: Score Consulting

Specific agents dedicated to specific customers?

Post by mmaga »

Hi guys, so i have configured OTRS and it is running great however now i was asked to create another OTRS for another company!

The problem is that this time i will have specific agents dedicated to specific customers ID. Is there a way of doing this, what is the right way?

cheers and thank you for your help,

Manel
mmaga
Znuny newbie

Re: Specific agents dedicated to specific customers?

Post by mmaga »

i believe i need to create customer based queues and then create a group for each customer based queue. can someone confirm this?
RStraub
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: 6.0.14

Post by RStraub »

My gut tells me NOT to use customer based queues.

Could you give us an idea of the amount of agent-roles and customer-roles (groups) you are dealing with?
Currently using: OTRS 6.0.14 -- MariaDB -- Ubuntu 16 LTS
mmaga
Znuny newbie

Post by mmaga »

Hello RStraub,

previous scenario

So basically on the previous OTRS i only had one client and i created Groups/Queues for each one of the "work teams". So i would have:

Queue 1: SAP FIN (Group SAP FIN)
Queue 2: SAP SD (Group SAP SD)
Queue 3: SAP LOG (Group SAP LOG)

and i gave permissions to agents on the agents-groups relationship so each agent only sees its own topic (SAP FIN, SAP SD...).

current scenario

i still have the teams divided into "work teams" (team responsible for SAP FIN, team responsible for SAP SD...) but now on top of that i have agents within those teams that are only allocate to specific clients.

How can i adapt my structure to make a certain agent from a specific work team (for instance SAP FIN) to only see tickets from client A?

Can you please help me? Thank you in advance,

Manuel
mmaga
Znuny newbie

Post by mmaga »

Hey guys, anyone?? cheers
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

Hi,

an agent's permission on tickets is based on the group a queue has set where the tickets are in. A decision on the queue structure depends (for me) on the quantity structure of agents and customers. At the end of the road there could be custom development of a permission module, but I would try to prevent this if ever possible.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

Hi all,

Yes, don't use customer based queues. viewtopic.php?f=53&t=16064
You don't create a new conference room for a new customer.

Queues are members of Groups.
Agents are members of Groups
Customers can be members of specific Groups that match Queues and Agents.
CustomerGroupsAlwaysGroups (usually, users group) means all customers have access to the Queues belonging to users Group.

The Queues should be Agent or Collection of Agents based. (Yes, probably ideally Agent-Departments... IT, Plumbing, Finance.)

Now, if you want Agents to only tickets from Client A, you would better configure CertainAgent to have his/her own queue (by group membership). And the client is a member of the group that the queue belongs to.

The next client that CertainAgent supports may also be a member of that group. The customers don't see each other because their customer_id doesn't match between them. All that needs to happen is that client A, and client New are members of the groups for which the Agents service.

After that, you talk about the queues available from the customer side: The web interface won't allow the customer to select a queue if the customer is not a member of that queue's group.

But what about initiating tickets via email? (note: followups via email won't matter, because the ticket number be obeyed and will append articles to the ticket in the appropriate queue). Unfortunately, that will have to either be done by providing a direct email address (even an alias will do, and is preferred) to the queue (certainagent-support@domain.com might work?) or relying on PostMaster Filters based upon From which can possibly get unwieldy.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask