Moderator: crythias

papaez
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.8
Company: Technolab

Help on queues management (I think?)

Post by papaez »

Hi folks,

We have a new installation of OTRS 3.3.8 running on Debian. Reading the manual and checking some forums we were able to configure most of the things like users/groups/queues/etc...

But now we're running into an issue....I'll describe some facts now:

1 - We have multiple clients for each of them has their own queues (as we have into de old ticketing system)
2 - For each queue there's an email address formated like customer@ourdomain.com

So each time a customers opens a ticket, it goes into the right queue. However we want to do is filter how this works as follows:

The problem is:

Only authorized users can create a ticket into their company queue and if you're not on the list you should receive a rejected email confirmation. Right now everybody who knows the queue's email address is able to create tickets.

How should we controll that?

Thanks in advance!
Pablo.-
stjuanchurchservices
Znuny newbie
Company: Saint Juan Church Services

Re: Help on queues management (I think?)

Post by stjuanchurchservices »

Hi Papaez / everyone.

My 3.3.8 otrs version has recently been installed, and have been trying to figure out how to do the same distribution for our internal vendors and "customers".
I would really appreciate you share any news if you are able to solve it or if anyone else can help us out.

I have already checked on Google and some quick searches on OTRS forums...hope we can get help here :)

Sincerely,

Donnie.
papaez
Znuny newbie

Post by papaez »

I believe it's related to this article viewtopic.php?f=60&t=6586

But that is from an old version, not sure how to do it in the 3.3.8 version.

Still hoping an answer from the gurus :)

Regards,
Pablo.-
Giulio Soleni
Znuny wizard
Znuny Version: 6.0.x and 5.0.x
Company: IKS srl

Post by Giulio Soleni »

Hi,
this topic is interesting and I didn't notice viewtopic.php?f=60&t=6586 before.
I applied it (at least the first very simple customization suggested by crythias) on my 3.3.5 version (and I guess that for 3.3.8 is the same) and it works as expected.
However when the system receives an e-mail from a customer that is not in the db in the log I find also another message like the following:

IMAP: Can't process mail, see log sub system (/opt/otrs/var/spool/problem-email-xxxxxx, report it on http://bugs.otrs.org/)!

So it seems that breaking the NewTicket.pm processing with a 'return' right after if ( !$GetParam{'X-OTRS-CustomerUser'} ) statement, doesn't let the email to be processed correctly.
I do not know if this side effect can be avoided.
OTRS 6.0.x on CentOS 7.x with MariaDB 10.2.x database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.
ITSM and FAQ modules installed.
papaez
Znuny newbie

Post by papaez »

Ok, we tried that and it worked. However maintaining this filters in our scenario is quite complex. Is there any other way?

Like; only authorized users can create a ticket in one queue (and no other)?

Thanks!
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

papaez wrote:Only authorized users can create a ticket into their company queue
Don't use customer based queues.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
papaez
Znuny newbie

Post by papaez »

Ok, that's a suggestion, not a tool limitation. What if I have 15 customers, and each of them will interact with my company (that provides support to them) through a Distribution List and behind that DL there's a 10 member helpdesk?
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

What if I have 15 customers, and each of them will interact with my company (that provides support to them) through a Distribution List and behind that DL there's a 10 member helpdesk?
Assuming that CustomerA logs in as CompanyAHelpdeskDL@CompanyA.com ... what do you want to happen?
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask