English! place to talk about development, programming and coding
OTRSRDNewbie
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.2, 5
Company: N/A

Clarifications on assembling a Development Environment

Post by OTRSRDNewbie »

I just have clarifications.

I didn't use the installer but download OTRS but not git also, I been reading when upgrading I should be doing stopping otrs service (service otrs stop), when I use this command I am getting an error something like no such service. And to be honest I didn't run any service otrs start. But the otrs was working. I know sometimes documentation don't get updated. I am currently on free time experimenting with upgrading. Assembling newer version.

I have for instance installed a 3.3.2 and wanted to upgrade to something higher. I don't really recall using service otrs start when I assembled OTRS in my own virtual machine.

Also I just want to clarify, if I understood correctly. In my development environment, I just need to install otrs right then for the other modules like ITSM the right way is to download the folder then use the module-tools/link.pl or this shouldn't be used on packages and packages should still be installed in package manager?

If I am to create my own custom front end module, I am to create a new directory right within it is the custom/var, custom/Kernel and sub folders. I should use module-tools right? Cause I'm getting a Kernel::Module:: .... not registered in Kernel/Config.pm when I try to test.

I haven't even assembled a package, just testing. Sorry people. I am learning the right way on my free time. Had to improvise since I was given a short time to attempt to resolve all the old tickets that my predessor left for a long time and had to do what was already done. Since the Production and Pre-production the actual OTRS was over written.