Follow Up option creating duplicate DB entry

Moderator: crythias

linrsvp
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4

Follow Up option creating duplicate DB entry

Post by linrsvp »

Hi,

I have a strange problem in OTRS. This is the scenario.
A customer sends a ticket and I reply to the ticket using the "empty answer" option in the TicketZoom page. When replying, i change the state to "pending", and submit. For the next few minutes, all is fine and I see a db entry in the article table for the reply I made, with the article_sender_type_id set to 1 (which means this entry was a reply from agent to customer, 1 means agent and 3 means customer). After a specific time(i think its 2 mins) I see that the ticket state has been changed back to active, and in my db i find a duplicate entry , with e'thing same except that the article_sender_type id is set to '3'.

I checked the system log, and found an entry there .. something like this: "Followup article to Ticket[10809] created(Ticket ID:6456, Article ID:57656)"

And the article ID in the log message is the same as the duplicate entry. When i searched the otrs code, i found that the postmaster module has a "followup"and "reject" module which inserts this entry into the db and makes this log entry.

HOW DO I DISABLE THIS FOLLOW UP OPTION!!! . Please help, i have been working on this issue for days now.. with no result :(
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Follow Up option creating duplicate DB entry

Post by crythias »

Followup would/should only come from a customer, so maybe he's using a read receipt?
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
linrsvp
Znuny newbie

Post by linrsvp »

I am pretty sure thats not the case, because I created a ticket as a customer, and then i logged in as an agent and sent a reply to that ticket. I immediately got a mail for this reply, and whether I read the mail or not, a duplicate entry is created in the db either way, and the ticket state is reset to Active (dats the default state for a ticket in case of followup) and the article sender type is set to 3 (customer).
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

If you're immediately getting a followup reply, is it possible the (an) email sent is bouncing? perhaps even a Notification (Event) simultaneously sending and bouncing?
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
linrsvp
Znuny newbie

Post by linrsvp »

if dats the case, i think i shld have seen something in the logs (email bounced or smthing like that). The fun part is, i have tried creating tickets with different customer IDs and replied as different agents, and each time the entries are duplicated in the db. I will still check it out.. it seems plausible, an email bounce... Thanks for that :)

My gut feeling says, its got something to do with the configuration for the Postmaster module. But i cant figure out what.