Notify on *everything*

Moderator: crythias

solefald
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.7

Notify on *everything*

Post by solefald »

Our current system, FootPrints 7 is pretty "vocal", so all queue watchers get every single notification, about every single action that happens to every single ticket in their queues and notifications include replies, notes and so on.

This is not what I really want, but it is somewhat more convenient to just search though email (we use Google Apps, so its VERY fast), than going to FootPrints and waiting for 20 minutes until it finally returns wrong search results. Plus email window is open all day long and you are in the loop about what is going on with all tickets in your queues. This is helpful in many ways, because our support organization is split in small teams of 2-5 agents. Each team member is expected to know what is going on in their queue. Plus management watches all queues, so they want to be in the loop on everything.

Anyway, the order from above is to make OTRS do the same. Is it possible?

I just spent 2 days trying to get custom notifications under "Notifications (Event)" do the same, but results are rather limited. Notifications do go out to all the agents involved,
but I am having trouble with notification content. At the very minimum, notifications must include the last article added to the ticket.

Right now <OTRS_CUSTOMER_BODY> comes out blank, and <OTRS_AGENT_BODY> sends out the same article over and over again.
There are other issues, but I am trying to see if there is an easier way to do that.
RHEL 5.8 :( / OTRS 3.2.0beta2 / SystemMonitoring