My entire config got mysteriously erased!

Moderator: crythias

solefald
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.7

My entire config got mysteriously erased!

Post by solefald »

Hello,

I have just spent 4 days customizing and testing OTRS. Was just playing with FreeText fields, hit "Update", page reloaded and I realized that all of my Menu Bar icons are now gone!
Started digging deeper, and it appears that my entire config got erased with the default one!!! What the hell is happening???

the amount of time i spent on it is ungodly. We are starting a company-wide test tomorrow, so i was trying to configure and customize everything, and it would suck if i have to do it all over again!
This was a test VM, so I don't really have any hourly snapshots of it. Not in the past 24 hours anyway.....

What happened? How can i restore my previous config? I sure hope this would not happen to a production system!
RHEL 5.8 :( / OTRS 3.2.0beta2 / SystemMonitoring
Daniel Obee
Znuny Version: various

Re: My entire config got mysteriously erased!

Post by Daniel Obee »

Could you give a little more details of your system? Like version, OS, DB...

Your settings normaly ared stored in the ZZZAuto.pm. If the file is corrupted or not available OTRS switches back to defaults (stored in the default.pm). You might wanna check for the file first.

Greets
Dan
solefald
Znuny newbie

Post by solefald »

I am on Ubuntu 10.10 / MySQL 5.1 / OTRS 3.0.7

ZZZAuto.pm and ZZZAAuto.pm were both in place, not corrupted. ZZZAuto.pm was short one with only my Core settings, and ZZZAAuto.pm was a full config.

I *suspect* that config got erased when I was trying to figure out how to use FreeText field and set a Key in Ticket -> Frontend::Agent::Ticket::ViewCompose to "1:Field Name". I am not sure if this is the cause, though. Also made couple of changes in Ticket -> Core::TicketFreeText, but these were the only 2 screens I made changes under before the config disappeared.

Not realizing that my config reverted to all default settings, I have made couple more changes under Ticket -> Frontend::Agent::Ticket::ViewCompose and hit "Update" button, so that propagated
all settings further (to MySQL?), because when i later tried to use /bin/otrs.RebuildConfig.pl, it re-generated the identical empty config :(
solefald
Znuny newbie

Post by solefald »

Ok, VMware to the rescue! Full VM snapshot was done an hour before config got messed up, so i am all good and back in business.
I do want to get to the bottom of this, though.

Looking at the restored ZZZAuto.pm right now. It has all my settings. After it was mysteriously erased, the only things that were in it are Core settings, with everything else gone.