System Email Addresses Management error

Moderator: crythias

ptay
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.10

System Email Addresses Management error

Post by ptay »

Anyone know of a reason why I can't add or change System Email Addresses Management? When clicking "Submit" to add email address to queue or change default the browser works for about a minute then a small box opens that is labeled "Error" stating "One or more errors occurred!" and I can click Ok. I click "Ok" and across top page with red background, just below the main tabs, it says "DNS problem:query timed out".

My DNS appears to be working fine as I navigate web & intranet no issue. Doesn't matter which email address I use (all are valid) or which queue I assign I can't add or change the default entry.
Test:: OTRS 5.0.10 w/MariaDB 5.5.47 backend on RHEL7
Prod:: OTRS 5.0.10 w/MariaDB 5.5.47 backend on RHEL7
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: System Email Addresses Management error

Post by crythias »

perhaps you might turn off the MX email checker?

Core Framework

CheckMXRecord

Default value: Yes
Makes the application check the MX record of email addresses before sending an email or submitting a telephone or email ticket.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
pedmtp
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.6

Post by pedmtp »

It Works! Ty
Eraserhead
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.5

Post by Eraserhead »

I'm having the same problem. I'm getting DNS problem: query timed out messages in my OTRS log. And i can't reply to tickets anymore.

When i turn off the MX check in Framework>Core it works again. But it was working fine before.

As far as i know the only thing that was changed is that i changed my Ubuntu (the server that OTRS is running on) network configuration from DHCP to static. I changed it back to dynamic now but the problem remains the same. Just like the OP i can ping normally to my mail server from the command line by host name so DNS works.
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

this does not seem to be an OTRS issue. OTRS uses (if not configured in OTRS) the nameserver configuration on the host.

So you should solve your linux operation issues or use a fully managed system
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com