Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4

Adding New State Types

Post by sivak »

Hi,

I facing a problem that i like to add some new state types like
In progress, assigned, Resolved Successfully, canceled
...along with the predefined state types
'closed successful', 'closed unsuccessful', 'merged', 'new', 'open', 'pending auto close+', 'pending auto close-', 'pending reminder' and 'removed'

I added new state types in Ticket::ViewableStateType: but they are not coming in when I'm creating a new state in admin-->status(through web interface ) add new state there is a drop down called state stype:?

Please let me know what to do?

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Adding New State Types

Post by crythias »

There are States/Statuses and State/Status Types.

a status type is a group of states that are roughly equivalent in function.

Status Types can only be manipulated via database. States/Statuses are enabled through Admin control panel. /otrs/index.pl?Action=AdminState

Unless you know why you want a new category of states, you probably will want to add a state of type "open" or "closed", in general.
In progress is "open"
assigned is "open"
Resolved Successfully is "closed"
canceled is "closed" or "removed"
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
sivak
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4

Post by sivak »

Yes,
Problem solved
Thank you very much crythias :D
aph
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: 3.3.9, 4.x, 5.x

Post by aph »

After comtemplating a lot, I have come to the conclusion that we require a new state type. We have the following situation:
1) We get a ticket mentioning a bug/change request
2) If we are not able to solve it, we forward it to the vendor.

At this point, it may take between 6 months and 1 year till the vendor makes those changes and a new version is released as the release cycles are long. In this case the ticket is taken care of from our point of view. However, we cannot close it (state type closed), since the issue is not resolved and we need to keep track of whether the change requests/bugs are implemented/removed in the next version. If we set it to 'pending (state type pending) it still shows up on dashboard and agents find it difficult to differentiate them from the 'relevant' tickets.

Any ideas how we can circumvent the problem so that certain pending tickets (for example of state XYZ of type pending) do not show up on dashboard?
OTRS 3.3.x (private/testing) on Windows Server 2008 with MSSQL database.
OTRS 3.3.x (private/testing) on CentOS with MySQL database and apache
crythias

Post by crythias »

If the state is still open, it's still open. just create a new state. It's not really "pending" anything. I have a state type of "awaiting customer response". It's still of type open ...
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
aph
Znuny superhero

Post by aph »

Whether it is pending or open is almost a philosophical question and secondary I guess. The more pressing problem for agents is that these tickets keep on shwoing up on dashboard (whether under pending tickets or open tickets is secondary). Is there a way these tickest are not shown?
One idea I have is to create a sub queue and such tickets should be moved to that queue. This queue should not be selected under 'my queues'. This way these tickets will not show up on dashboard under 'Tickets in my queues'.

This however does not stop agents from clicking on 'all tickets' (and get confused). :lol:
crythias

Post by crythias »

aph wrote:Is there a way these tickest are not shown?
Yes... create a new State Type.
aph
Znuny superhero

Post by aph »

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure additing a new state type is not a trivial task. I think I'll go forward with the internal queue workaround for the moment
crythias

Post by crythias »

aph wrote: I'm sure additing a new state type is not a trivial task
It's not *that* bad. Just add a new record to the ticket_state_type table.
seberget2
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.30

Post by seberget2 »

aph wrote:At this point, it may take between 6 months and 1 year till the vendor makes those changes and a new version is released as the release cycles are long. In this case the ticket is taken care of from our point of view. However, we cannot close it (state type closed), since the issue is not resolved and we need to keep track of whether the change requests/bugs are implemented/removed in the next version. If we set it to 'pending (state type pending) it still shows up on dashboard and agents find it difficult to differentiate them from the 'relevant' tickets.
What we have done here is to create a state called open awaiting change which is of type closed. Then they are gone from the Agent's point of view. We also have a state called open awaiting fix which is of type pending. This one is used when we have promised a fix within a given date.

We have also changed the Customer interface to include the open awaiting change state there. This I would like to do with configuration at some point :-)
OTRS 6.0.12 on Ubuntu with MySQL DB, and various plug-ins and a hack or two :-D
lorena1985
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.8

Post by lorena1985 »

Hi, I have added the new status in the database , but it does not appear in the combo type of state. How can I solve it?
crythias wrote: Status Types can only be manipulated via database. States/Statuses are enabled through Admin control panel. /otrs/index.pl?Action=AdminState
reneeb
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: 6.0.x
Company: Perl-Services.de

Post by reneeb »

Delete the caches...
Perl / Znuny development: http://perl-services.de
Free Znuny add ons from the community: http://opar.perl-services.de
Commercial add ons: http://feature-addons.de
ComBin
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 4.0.18

Post by ComBin »

lorena1985 wrote:Hi, I have added the new status in the database , but it does not appear in the combo type of state. How can I solve it?
Hello, everyone. Is perhaps, I'll raise this topic.

So, i have same problem. Maybe anyone has any idea how to solve it?
ComBin
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 4.0.18

Post by ComBin »

I fix it for myself so:

Code: Select all

bin/otrs.DeleteCache.pl
CesarRomario
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: <5.0.6
Company: Softtek