How to selectively send plain text emails

Moderator: crythias

bbs2web
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

How to selectively send plain text emails

Post by bbs2web »

We've just upgraded to OTRS 2.4.9 after having used 2.3.4 for absolute ages. We can't get over how functional the HTML email integration is and have already designed awesome HTML autoresponses which pull inline graphics off our web server.

Problem: We interface with some domain registration authorities that use an email based system to process DNS registrations. It generally involves copy & pasting a form and sending it through as a plain text email.

Question: How do we selectively send plain text emails out of OTRS?

PS: I was hoping there may have been a way of creating a customer in the customer DB and setting them as only being able to receive plain text emails, but I don't see it...
Nemo
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.15

Re: How to selectively send plain text emails

Post by Nemo »

I have this problem too with OTRS 2.4.15, especially as I have no idea how to quote messages properly when I need to split a quoted message. Did you find a solution?
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

2.4. is more than outdated. (It is also unsecure and not patched since years) -> do a migration!
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
Nemo
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.15

Post by Nemo »

We upgraded to OTRS 5 but this problem only got worse: now I seem to be sending HTML emails all the time, except the HTML is produced randomly. For instance the links are generated arbitrarily (I insert an URL as text and only part of it becomes a link) and the quoted text is not sent out as I see it (there is no indentation when people receive it).

I would really need a way to force plain text, then everything would be easier because I would be sure of what I'm sending.