Settting Up MX Record on a Windows based system for OTRS

Moderator: crythias

abar43
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: ITSM2.0

Settting Up MX Record on a Windows based system for OTRS

Post by abar43 »

Hello,

I am new to the forum and need some help with my configuration of OTRS on a windows based machine .
I set up the 2.4 package, then did the TSMI setup.
I can't seem to solve the riddle I have on my hand however. The message reads MX Record not found or something to that effect. I get this message when I try to add a user and save the credentials.
Could you please help me set up Messenger Exchange? I have read every link I found in google re mx records or Message Exchange/r and OTRS, as well as here on your forum...to no avail. Please advise.

Much obliged.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Settting Up MX Record on a Windows based system for OTRS

Post by crythias »

No MX record found... This is a DNS issue, and if you're using an internal email address like @yourforrest.yourdomain.com (yourdomain.local?) which doesn't have an MX record "in the wild", you will have this issue.

The short fix is to change your DNS server to provide an MX record for you http://adminreports.com/adding-a-ip-mx- ... ns-zone/3/ and make sure OTRS is using your own DNS server to look it up.

The other short fix is to ignore MX lookups (which you can do if you are reasonable certain all OTRS requests belong to your organization and aren't going to be randomly coming from the web.) Admin, SysConfig, Framework, Core
CheckMXRecord:
Should the application check the MX record of e-mail addresses before sending an e-mail or submitting a telephone or e-mail ticket?
(Default: Yes)
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
abar43
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: ITSM2.0

Post by abar43 »

Thanks for your response.
I actually used the short fix.
The other short fix is to ignore MX lookups (which you can do if you are reasonable certain all OTRS requests belong to your organization and aren't going to be randomly coming from the web.) Admin, SysConfig, Framework, Core

Now the error message is gone.

Now none of my messages are been sent by the system.
N responses, notifications or any other functionality which rely on OTRS sendmail or SMPT or other email routing features.
Please help me sort this out once and for all.

Thanks again for your speedy response.
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

Please have a look at the Logfile
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com