New agents not receiving email notifications

Moderator: crythias

ckolling
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.1.7

Post by ckolling »

I am new to OTRS, has been in our environment and the person who built it left.
I have created 2 new users(agents) in 2.1.7., modeled after an existing agent. The problem is that botyh of these new agents are not receiving any email notifications. I have checked the agent's email address numerous times, and it is correct.
When the user himself logs in, and checks his preferences, all of the notifications are set to YES, just like how I set him up as a new user.
I have assigned him all permission to the "Engineering" group (just like the user that currently receives notifications), as well as the users group. We have one role, "engineering change request", to which the "engineering" group has full permissions to.

When I send an email to the system, it does generate a ticket, and I get a ticket creation email from OTRS with a ticket number, but the newly created user still gets no notification that there is a new ticket.
Looking at the system log, I see the message that the ticket was created, in the engineering change request queue, state is new. I see the next message stating that the email was sent to me as a customer. Next, I see the " sent agent 'NewTicket' notification to currentuser@mydomain.com (the person that is still getting tickets like she is).

I have searched the online manual for OTRS, and see nothing wrong. I have also opened up two broswer windows, and compared the existing, functional user to the newly created users, screen by screen, and see nothing different.
Can anyone help? I can help out in any way.

**** Something else I notice is that there are about 10 lines of red text prior to the ticket created process with these errors: "Can't fetch email 11 from ecr@mymailserver.mydomain.com. Email to big (9161 kB - max 6144 KB)!
diginin
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: CVS

Post by diginin »

I am guessing your firewall is blocking it. Look for Notification Envelope in the Sysconfig. This should help.
Shawn Beasley
Contact me per XING
Contact me per LinkedIN

OTRS CVS on Ubuntu Stable.

signature by diginin74, on Flickr

Computers are like air conditioners, when you open windows they are useless.

P.S. (für Leser meiner Deutschtexte) Rechtschreibfehler bitte mit s/.*/$KORREKTUR/ ersetzen.
ckolling
Znuny newbie

Post by ckolling »

I am not sure why our firewall would be blocking it, this is entirely an internal system, and the new users, have the same domain as the other, functioning user.
I went to sysconfig, and typed Notification Envelope in the search box, nothing showed up.
ckolling
Znuny newbie

Post by ckolling »

OK, I got it working now. The problem was in the user setup screen, under the Favorite Queues, I did not highlight the queue. I *assumed* that since it was in the list, it would be one that received notifications.
diginin
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: CVS

Post by diginin »

2010-04-22_2128.png
ahhh, yep this would do it. Your firewall would block messages (depending on setup) because notifications do not have a sender envelope. This might irritate your firewall.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shawn Beasley
Contact me per XING
Contact me per LinkedIN

OTRS CVS on Ubuntu Stable.

signature by diginin74, on Flickr

Computers are like air conditioners, when you open windows they are useless.

P.S. (für Leser meiner Deutschtexte) Rechtschreibfehler bitte mit s/.*/$KORREKTUR/ ersetzen.