After succesfull OAUTH2 TOKEN CONFIGURATION setup, I do not have the field "authentication type" in new postmaster mailb

Moderator: crythias

dvandorp
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 7.0.14
Company: SNV Netherlands Development Organisation

After succesfull OAUTH2 TOKEN CONFIGURATION setup, I do not have the field "authentication type" in new postmaster mailb

Post by dvandorp »

I have followed the steps as described here: https://www.znuny.org/en/blog/modern-au ... -microsoft

However.. when I finish the steps and have a valid token and go to the postmaster mail accounts and add a new one, I do not have the field "authentication type" available.

- Configure email fetching from Office 365 email account with OAuth2 authentication
- Choose in the Znuny admin main view PostMaster Mail Accounts.
- Click at the left side on Add Mail Account.
- Select as Type IMAPS.
- Choose as Authentication type OAuth2 token. (not there)
- Enter your Email address as username.
- Select the OAuth2 token configuration that you just created. (also not there)
Enter in the host field outlook.office365.com

I do have a custom oauth2 app installed from Rother OSS GmbH, could this be in the way?
skullz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: LTS and Features

Re: After succesfull OAUTH2 TOKEN CONFIGURATION setup, I do not have the field "authentication type" in new postmaster m

Post by skullz »

dvandorp wrote: 10 Dec 2023, 20:17 I have followed the steps as described here: https://www.znuny.org/en/blog/modern-au ... -microsoft

However.. when I finish the steps and have a valid token and go to the postmaster mail accounts and add a new one, I do not have the field "authentication type" available.

- Configure email fetching from Office 365 email account with OAuth2 authentication
- Choose in the Znuny admin main view PostMaster Mail Accounts.
- Click at the left side on Add Mail Account.
- Select as Type IMAPS.
- Choose as Authentication type OAuth2 token. (not there)
- Enter your Email address as username.
- Select the OAuth2 token configuration that you just created. (also not there)
Enter in the host field outlook.office365.com

I do have a custom oauth2 app installed from Rother OSS GmbH, could this be in the way?
based on your signature, 6.0.22 doesn't come with oauth2 support..
if not mistaken, its introduce in znuny 6.3.x

perhaps your can get a better answer from custom oauth2 - Rother OSS GmbH
dvandorp
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 7.0.14
Company: SNV Netherlands Development Organisation

Re: After succesfull OAUTH2 TOKEN CONFIGURATION setup, I do not have the field "authentication type" in new postmaster m

Post by dvandorp »

Dear Skullz,

I forgot to update my profile. We are running 6.4.5 at the moment and this weekend I am planning to go to 6.5 and then 7.0.13

I do want to use native oauth2 but as I said, I am missing two fields in the form to configure a mailbox. The Authentication type field and the OAuth2 token configuration choice field

Also, the token does not refresh automatically even though the configuration of it seems to be ok .
skullz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: LTS and Features

Post by skullz »

dvandorp wrote: 11 Dec 2023, 11:50 Dear Skullz,

I forgot to update my profile. We are running 6.4.5 at the moment and this weekend I am planning to go to 6.5 and then 7.0.13

I do want to use native oauth2 but as I said, I am missing two fields in the form to configure a mailbox. The Authentication type field and the OAuth2 token configuration choice field

Also, the token does not refresh automatically even though the configuration of it seems to be ok .
Then, i guess is the custom oauth2 app may be the issue..
Removed it..perhaps it overwrite existing Postmaster mailbox module / template.