Auto Responses not sending for any Queue

Moderator: crythias

autoresponse
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.5.3
Company: Leland Enterprises

Auto Responses not sending for any Queue

Post by autoresponse »

First of all, thank you very much to the Znuny team. Congrats on a wonderful product.

Hi, I have a system running Znuny 6.5.3 on Linux. The system works great except that none of my Queues will send Auto Responses when I move a ticket into the Queue. For example new tickets go to Raw. When a human determines the ticket to be legitimate, the ticket is moved by the human to the "Technical Support" Queue. The "Technical Support" Queue's Auto Response has "default reply" set for the "auto reply" field in the "Manage Queue-Auto Response Relations" screen.

Normal "manual" replies to the tickets all work fine. If I watch the mail log, from the OS (tail -f /var/log/maillog) I do not see anything related to an attempt to send an auto reply message.

The customer and my test emails to the system do not have any BULK email headers in them either.

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong. This system is a very old system ( right at 24 years old ), upgraded continuously from OTRS 1.2 in 2004. As far as I can recall auto replies have never worked.
autoresponse
Znuny newbie

Re: Auto Responses not sending for any Queue

Post by autoresponse »

heh, math isn't my strong suite apparently, 19 years use, not 24. But anyway, the system has always worked wonderfully, but I would really like the Queue Auto Response to work and would be grateful for any assistance.
autoresponse
Znuny newbie

Post by autoresponse »

One other thought comes to mind. The "default reply" auto response is indeed set to "valid" for it's Validity field.
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

Hi,

Make sure that you have:

1.) a valid auto response, type auto reply
2.) have this auto response assigned to the queue(s)

I assume "move a ticket to the queue" means when you fetch an email and a ticket is created.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
autoresponse
Znuny newbie

Post by autoresponse »

Thank you kindly for the assistance. No, I meant that Auto Replies are not being sent when a message is moved from the Raw queue into the 'Techsupport' queue. My testing today reveals that if I assign a valid Auto Reply to the Raw queue, then the system will send and Auto Reply.

I don't want to send Auto Replies to tickets in the Raw queue though because spam sometimes enters this queue, and I don't want to reply to the spam because it could cause my server IP or domain to be marked on spam black lists as a potential spammer.

I do wonder how the rest of yall handle this spam concern though.

So it seems to me that Znuny is working as designed and that manually moving a ticket into a queue will not trigger an auto reply.

In order for me to send an 'automatic reply' to a ticket manually moved into a queue, should I use perhaps be looking into crafting a 'Generic Agent' or maybe a 'Ticket Notification'?
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

Hi,

The auto-response is for creating tickets, not moving. You might be able to use the ticket notifications for this use case.

Spam is handled outside Znuny. That's the MTA's task

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?