OTRS 6.5 Escalation Suspend Loop Protection

Moderator: crythias

chrotha
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.x.x/7.0.x

OTRS 6.5 Escalation Suspend Loop Protection

Post by chrotha »

Hey everyone,

I've been testing the Znuny EscalationSuspend package on OTRS 6.5, and I noticed the Configuration EscalationSuspendLoopProtection.
At first I thought that this was used for the number of times that the EscalationIndexRebuild job would run, before it would stop to calculate the WorkingTime for a certain ticket, but, after setting this variable as low as 2, even after 30 minutos, the WorkingTime would still be calculated again and again (which is good actually since I was worried that maybe 500 would be really low since I have the default pending time to 5 days with 24/7 calendars).
After that, I even thought it was be the maximum number of tickets in relevant pending states, but, as before, that wasn't the case.
I've already tried looking at the code to see if I could perceive what this loop protection is used for, but sadly, I couldn't find it.
I was wondering what does this protection is used for.

Thanks in advance
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: OTRS 6.5 Escalation Suspend Loop Protection

Post by root »

Hi,

It is used to limit the number of iterations that are used for some calculations and required for very old, escalated tickets.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
chrotha
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.x.x/7.0.x

Post by chrotha »

Hey Roy,

Thank you for your reply.
So, if a ticket is yet to be escalated, we don't need to worry about these iterations, is that correct?

Thanks
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

chrotha wrote: 07 Jul 2023, 18:57 So, if a ticket is yet to be escalated, we don't need to worry about these iterations, is that correct?
No
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?