Move Locked Tickets to New Queue Without Changing Owner (by modifying AgentTicketMove.pm)?

Moderator: crythias

nbollaert
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.2
Company: Coretechs Consulting

Move Locked Tickets to New Queue Without Changing Owner (by modifying AgentTicketMove.pm)?

Post by nbollaert »

I've done some searching, and it appears it has been asked and answered a number of times and the basic gist is that this isn't really possible because of the way locks and such are designed. That being said, some people just don't like to take no for an answer :lol:

I noticed this thread which didn't have much followup to the last post viewtopic.php?f=53&t=21807&p=137438#p137438

Would it be possible to customize AgentTicketMove.pm (or some other file) to basically check if the user were the Owner *OR* either a static user ID / some kind of Group or other status that could allow it to happen?

In other words, if only the Ticket Owner can move a locked ticket, can a "skeleton key" be given to a specific admin such that they could move locked tickets even though they are not the owner?

And yes, I had flashbacks to the Expert - 7 Red Lines in this meeting... "you want the tickets to be locked, except when you want them to behave as if they were unlocked, except that they're still locked?" :shock:

Thanks!
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Move Locked Tickets to New Queue Without Changing Owner (by modifying AgentTicketMove.pm)?

Post by root »

nbollaert wrote:
Would it be possible to customize AgentTicketMove.pm (or some other file) to basically check if the user were the Owner *OR* either a static user ID / some kind of Group or other status that could allow it to happen?

In other words, if only the Ticket Owner can move a locked ticket, can a "skeleton key" be given to a specific admin such that they could move locked tickets even though they are not the owner?
Hi Nicholas,

I see three possibilites there:
  • Disable the need to have a lock for all agents by modifying Ticket::Frontend::AgentTicketMove###RequiredLock
  • Change the whole block https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-6 ... ve.pm#L894 to your needs
  • Clone the module AgentTicketMove.pm into sth like AdminTicketMove with own settings, disable RequiredLock to No, allow access only for admin group (or other) and you have a second menu item Move without the lock
- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?