Closed Ticket Notification Template

Moderator: crythias

ahkal
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.5

Closed Ticket Notification Template

Post by ahkal »

Hi All,

I am using OTRS 5.0.5 and would like to know if it is possible, and if so how to add icons/emoticons that we would like to use to gather customer feedback.
For example when I close a ticket, I would like to have at the bottom of the email sent to the customer in the ticket closed message, some icons/emoticons that represent whether they are happy or not with the service they received.
The customer would click on an emoticon and their customer id, ticket number and so on would be sent via a url to another webiste that will analyse the customer feedback.

I would appreciate any advice.

Regards
OTRS 5.0.5 on Ubuntu Server
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Re: Closed Ticket Notification Template

Post by jojo »

ycheck out the survey module
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
ahkal
Znuny newbie

Post by ahkal »

Thanks for your reply, I will look at the survey module.
But I will still like to know whether it is possible to insert emoticons/links into the closing ticket template/message as our dev team want to do their own analytics from their central reporting portal outside of otrs.
ahkal
Znuny newbie

Post by ahkal »

Hi All,

I added the href code (<a href="https:....) to the "Close Ticket Notification" template, via the dashsboard, but that does not work, when you close the ticket, the email shows the complete text that you typed in for the href, not a clickable link. Then I was pointed to the Default.tt located at:
/opt/otrs/Kernel/Output/HTML/Templates/Standard/NotificationEvent/Email/Default.tt
I edited this file and put in the href, this was better, but I was getting the link href link on all ticket activites, for example when i create a new ticket as well as when i close the ticket.

I also worked out that I can't use <OTRS_TICKET_TicketNumber> like I do in config.pm, instead I have to use:
[% Data.TicketID | html %] which resolves in the URL to the TicketID, but i would like to pass the TicketNumber, but when i use
[% Data.TicketNumber | html %] it is blank and does not resolve to ticket number, I would also like to pass the CustomerID/UserID, but don't know what variable i can use for that.

Just as important I would only like the hrefs links to show on the email the customer gets when the ticket is closed, not on every email sent out. So I believe i need to move the code out of the Default.tt to some other place/file.

I had a look at /opt/otrs/Kernel/Output/HTML/Templates/Standard/AgentTicketClose.tt
which I think is references [% InsertTemplate("AgentTicketActionCommon.tt") %]

When I look at AgentTicketActionCommon.tt i do not know where to begin.

Please can someone help and advise where I can put the href code so that ONLY closed ticket emails contain/show the links?
ahkal
Znuny newbie

Post by ahkal »

OK, I think I have a partial solution, I copied the Default.tt to another file, eg. Default-company, then under ticket notifications, for my "closed ticket notification" I changed "Email Template" (under Notification Method's) to the new file Default-company.
Then I edited the Default-company.tt and added my href.
Now I only get the href/link when I closed the ticket.

The issue I got is I cannot get the following values inserted into the href code, they just come up blank on the rendered page.

This works fine in Default.tt, and it returns the TicketID
[% Data.TicketID | html %]
But I want to use the TicketNumber, not the Ticket ID, so I tried to used

[% Data.TicketNumber | html %]
But when you click on the link where I would expect the TicketNumber, it comes up blank.
and I also tried to use the below, so I can show the customer user Id in the link
[% Data.CustomerUserID | html %]
But that is also blank in the rendered link.

Please can anyone help?