Single instance two addresses

Moderator: crythias

Ralph
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.9 (win)

Single instance two addresses

Post by Ralph »

Hello all,

We are now running a single OTRS instance that contains two departments who each have their own e-mail address / queues etc. Now I am wondering what the best way it to solve the following scenario:

Department A receives a ticket and determines that Department B also has to do something to solve it. In practice they would like to email the other department, however this is not allowed by OTRS. I can see why because department B would simply receive the email with the incident number and OTRS would process it back in the existing ticket from department A... (e-mailing to a system address is not allowed error).

What is the easiest way for department A to inform department B about an action they have to do without moving the ticket to their side?
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Single instance two addresses

Post by root »

Hi Ralph,

Splitting the ticket (and linking) should be sufficient. After this you can move the new created ticket to a queue f department b.
But then there's no communication between the both departments. This can only be solved by using specific feature addons or custom development.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
Ralph
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.9 (win)

Re: Single instance two addresses

Post by Ralph »

Thanks Roy, I'll look into the split queue part.