Moderator: crythias

OmegaSyn
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6 Patch 4
Company: Parker Hannifin

Some tickets showing "No Body"

Post by OmegaSyn »

Hi All,

I have noticed an issue with some emails which come into the system and generate new tickets (or are replies to existing tickets)

Ocassionally - when the email is processed it does not show the email in the ticket system (I can see the senders email but it does not show the email contents) and when I check the auto-reply that gets sent out, it shows "No Body" in the request summary section (see below) even though the email does have a body.

I initially thought this might be down to part of the email chain containing foreign characters. I sent test emails into the system using the same characters in the original email, but these worked fine. I also forwarded the whole chain - this also worked fine.
The user who sent the email has since sent other emails into the system, these also work fine so it appears to be somewhat random as to when it happens.

"Dear *USER_EMAIL*,

Thank you for your e-mail to KVD Customer Service Department. A new customer support ticket has been created on the PFS service desk system.

Your call will be categorised to organise work, assign priority and track response times. An agent will be assigned to answer your request and we will respond at the earliest opportunity.

When you receive follow up email please ensure that you reply to it without adjusting the email title. Your reply will be automatically added to your existing ticket. A request summary appears below for your reference.

Your ticket number is 2018020674001152.

Your request:
No Body

Yours sincerely,
PFS Division Customer Support Department"

I checked the message logs but it all seems to be fine - the only slight difference I could see between a correctly processed email and an email which is displaying "No Body" are these 2 lines in the message log:

This is from a correctly processed email:
43  Kernel::System::PostMaster::NewTicket Charset: utf-8 06/02/2018 16:37:09 (Europe/London)
44  Kernel::System::PostMaster::NewTicket Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 06/02/2018 16:37:09 (Europe/London)

Email with "No Body" in the ticket:
45  Kernel::System::PostMaster::NewTicket Charset: utf-8 06/02/2018 16:51:10 (Europe/London)
46  Kernel::System::PostMaster::NewTicket Content-Type: text/plain 06/02/2018 16:51:10 (Europe/London)

is the missing "charset=utf-8" on line 46 of that log causing the issue? If so, is there a fix? It seems random on what emails it does it to.
Liam Billington
IT Support
OTRS Version 6.4 / Ubuntu 16.04 LTS / MySQL